All Topics / General Property / Chapter 11 The Truth About Selling From 0 to 130 in 3.5

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • ClarkyCJ
    Participant
    @clarkycj

With out trying to sound to stupid can someone tell me if I understand Steve reason for selling properties and not holding on to them for long periods of time.

To get better returns on the money you have invested in the investment by turning the equity into real cash that you can use on your tax return to show that your yearly income has increased thus being able to get more leverage with lenders to gain access to more money and buy more investments.

example – you own 10 properties 2 of which have lazy money tied up in equity through an increase in value so you sell them to turn the equity into real cash that you can show on your tax return as income giving you more leverage to lend against and reinvest and buy 3 more properties with better returns thus increasing your properties to 11.

Does this mean that you would be cycling through selling all the properties in your portfolio at different times during say a 10 year period making it like a live growing entity that will always be changing if it is constantly creating lazy money.

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Market conditions were different when Steve wrote that book. I know that Steve has released a more recent book ‘0-financial freedom’. I think that would give an up to date reckoning on where he thinks things are at.

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.