All Topics / Value Adding / Prospecting Projects

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MichelleMichelle
    Participant
    @sherlockhomes

Hi All,

Where do most of you find your splitter blocks/renovator project properties?
    As in, prospecting methods – do you rely on your agent to find you good deals or do you find them yourselves?

Michelle | Belle Property
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

If you’re relying on agents to find you deals, you’re not going to get the best margin as they know they have a HOT commodity.

Search yourself, buy privately, use subscription services to help you along the way (pricefinder etc).

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Okay so I have not done it for a while but I used to literally knock on doors, drop flyers and stick up notices. Learning to buy well is a super important skill. I don’t think you can armchair your way to success. Leverage other peoples time is great but letting others do it for you won’t work. Just an opinion though. Others may have had a different experience.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

I find them regularly. There is a range of tactics.

1 Owner and Agent know what the land is capable of and it is well marketed – in that case be honest pay market value and move fast.
    2 Revers above, owner and agent may not know, and it may be poorly marketed and the market has missed it. In that case negotiated harder on price.
    3 Cant find the right site, use paid data mapping services to find appropriate site and start calling owners.
    4 Get approached randomly by people who know I am a BA and want to sell with no agent, I go and find a buyer who wants that kind of thing. I make it clear that I am working for the buyer and not the seller, and that my intention is to get them the best deal possible. No idea why people would want to sell this way but some people just hate paying a sales agent I guess.
    5 There are probably more but this is what I thought of so far

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.