All Topics / Help Needed! / One unit property rentals

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of malmal
    Participant
    @malleiden

Hi all
    I’m looking at a 3 x 1 bedroom complex that is very tidy in a reasonable area. wonder how difficult it is to rent one bedroom apartments compared to say two bedroom apartments?

thanks

Mal

Profile photo of Kinnon BellKinnon Bell
    Participant
    @kinnon

What are the demographics of the area?

Best bet would be to call a few of the local property managers and have a chat to them on what their prospective tenants are looking for.

Some instances there is demand for 1 bedders such as close or in CBD for cheap (student?) accom but I know if I was renting as a single person or even couple I would still want 2 bedrooms as one to sleep in and the other as storage / office / guests etc.

Whether it comes with a car park on title would be another consideration too.

Another thing to consider is the finance side. 1 bedders tend to be on the smaller side and banks don’t like it when they’re smaller than 50sqm – makes it harder to get a loan or the LVR has to be lower.

Kinnon Bell | Kinetic Funding
    http://www.kineticfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage & Personal Loan Broker based in Cairns and Melbourne but servicing clients Australia wide.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.