All Topics / Help Needed! / Received water bill after settlement.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of WesWes
    Participant
    @craig25

Hi Guys

First post. Been following for a small while. Thought I should get involved. Here goes.

So I have recently settled on my first property no brand new to this whole game. I’ts a vacant block of land. I have received a final notice water bill in the post of around $70. I paid immediately but I was surprised to see this. I checked my conveyancing statement which says water rates have been paid upfront until end of June 2015.

Spoke to Water company and they tell me the ammount paid on settlemnt only covered costs already owed to them, and actually was short $70 dollars. I told them I don’t want to be paying for previous owners use. Asked me to speak to conveyancer.

Haven’t had much joy with conveyancer yet. He says he’s chasing it up with vendor’s conveyancer.

Just hoping somebody could shed some light on how this process works/is supposed to work and what my rights are here. I’m starting to think maybe my conveyancer has stuffid this up?

Thanks in advance for any help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.