All Topics / Help Needed! / Problematic vacate: property managers please help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Lysh M
    Participant
    @alyshia-morris

Hi,

Our tenants failed to vacate on the end day of their lease, by 1-2 days (I’m hearing from abroad without exact timing).

I had a trusted family member attend the inspection, and in her words the place is filthy and without any form of a vacate clean.

The remotes to two air conditioning units have vanished.

None of this information is yet to come from my property manager despite multiple emails in her direction – there is a decent bond (4×480), so where do I stand?
    I feel they should be charged pro rata to the time they vacated beyond lease and pay this additional rent
    What can I do about the failure to clean and the time it will take us to have this done? Am I entitled to some recompense for this time also?
    Where to go/what to do with the air conditioner remotes? They are a perfectly functioning but obscure brand that I don’t think will be easily replaced.

Perhaps a saving grace is that I’m moving in to the property in two weeks, but that doesn’t diminish the tenants obligation.

Lysh M
    Email Me

Profile photo of D.T.D.T.
    Participant
    @dtraeger

First, you need to get hold of the PM so that you can find out whats actually happening to stop the guessing game. If you can’t reach the PM by email, try the owner of the company by email and/or by phone too.

Secondly, just because a lease ends doesn’t mean they have to leave – in some states the lease continues onto periodic automatically. It’d be useful to know if a letter had been sent expecting them to vacate on X date.

If your PM is smart, they’ll know which parts of that to claim on insurance and which bits to claim on bond so that minimal is incurred by yourself. Hopefully there’s both an ingoing and outgoing condition reports with photos as needed to back up those claims.

D.T. | DT Property Management
    http://www.dtproperty.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Adelaide Property Management - whole Adelaide metro

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.