All Topics / Help Needed! / How to calculate total annual return expressed as a percentage…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of CASACASA
    Participant
    @casa

I’m a new investor and need help calculating the total long term annual average return expressed as a percentage, on certain suburbs. I have purchased a Quarterly state Residex Report as well as an MyRpData investor insight tool to create a shortlist of houses and units in my price range with my preferred rental yield and capital growth. I’m following the protocol set out in the book, Mastering the Australian Housing Market as I have found Lindeman’s approach very systematic in terms of finding the right property. I am also in the process of predicting the market of my shortlisted suburbs using Sales, Listings,Time On Market and Vendour Discounting statistics. The only thing I can’t seem to find or work out is what Lindeman’s refers to as the ” total long-term annual average return.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Wiwin
    Participant
    @wiwin

If you bought suburb reports from residex, they listed average total returns per annum.

Profile photo of CASACASA
    Participant
    @casa

The report does have selected areas showing their total returns, ie some Melbourne and country government areas, and selected general areas. The towns I am looking at are mainly country towns like Cobram and I was just wondering where I would find the total annual return for specific towns.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.