All Topics / Help Needed! / Cairns – Edge Hill Property Zoning aka What's possible on a 905m2 block?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bangers
    Participant
    @bangers01

Hi all,

I’m contemplating offloading a Cairns property this year, and as the title infers its a 905m2 block in Edge Hill (with a 3/1 on it.)

I cannot find the zoning information as to what developments might be possible for the buyer, can anyone help? It’s in the low lying part of Edge Hill toward Whitfield.

Thanks

BM

Bangers
    Participant
    @bangers01

Can someone help me decipher the wording here? Am I correct in interpreting that that a 2.4m ‘driveway’ is required, which then must service at least 10m of the (rear) block? Does anyone know how close this driveway might run to the existing garage wall and/or neighbouring fence?

“Battle-axe low density allotments shall be permitted providing the following requirements are satisfied:

the minimum width of the access strip measured square to the length of the access strip shall be 10 metres and shall consist of a suitable gradient to allow an allotment access of maximum longitudinal gradient of 1 5 to be constructed;

the number of battle-axe allotments in any subdivision shall not exceed 10% of the total number of allotments:
    the battle-axe allotment, exclusive of the access strip shall comply with the minimum standards stated in Table E-I of this Part;
    the allotment access is to be provided within the access strip and shall be constructed of a 2.4 metre wide bitumen, concrete or other approved surface, including the connection to the adjoining road access, the access being designed and constructed to the satisfaction of the Director Technical Services prior to the endorsement of the survey plans unless the allotment access shall have a gradient of 1 in 8 or less;

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.