All Topics / Help Needed! / anyone knew Jacana / broadmeadows VIC area ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Wiwin
    Participant
    @wiwin

hi guys,

I am currently looking to buy my first ip at Jacana/Broadmeadows area.
    Median price still affordable approx. 350k and rental yield is not that bad around 5-6%.
    Amenities public transport and train services already established and location is good.
    its 15-20 mins to melbourne city.

I am concerned about high crime and demographic.
    Google the street in Jacana and come up with one street experienced gunshot incident 2011.
    middle east drug war or something.

the house that i am looking at it, currently tenanted for 5 years ( still living in the house before and even after the gunshot incident ) and in a good yield so even interest rate up – i wouldn’t be worried about it.

Anyone living in melbourne who can give me some suggestions ? Should i go for it or change suburb?
    I am happy to switch the suburb within 350k budget and 20 mins to city.

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi there,

Broadmeadows still is cheap – and for good reason. Most areas will have a crime here and there and that should not be the main influencer for you. My issue with Broady is infrastructure. There has not been a large deal, train station and surrounds still looks like crap and not a huge amount of development. For schooling, there is a tick as there is a large islamic school there. What are you concerns around demographic?

Are you in Melbourne? if you are not I suggest you visit the area in person, not much to be impressed by in looks but, for yield yes, but not sure about capital growth.

Cheers, Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Wiwin
    Participant
    @wiwin

I am based in Sydney. I am looking for affordable and established suburb under 350k within max. 30 mins from Melbourne city.
    I can’t buy in Sydney since the price already not affordable. I am hoping by the end of the day, the price will increase because people would like to live near the city. Thanks for your advice. I will call the town planner and do my own inspection before i decide to make an offer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.