All Topics / Help Needed! / Trust Structure and Mortgage Broker advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Danny GrinterDanny Grinter
    Participant
    @danielgrinter

Hi all, I’ve just recently joined propertyinvesting.com and find it very valuable. I have a few questions for the more experience PI’s out there. I am from Sydney and do FIFO work in WA, I have a decent income and want to start my investment portfolio. I already own one property in my name which will soon be rented.
    I am looking to acquire 2 more properties in the next few months.

I am in the process of setting up a trust at the moment and want to know the best way to structure it and also if I should create a business which controls that trust for future tax reasons??

Also, does anyone recommend any mortgage brokers in the Sydney area? I am going to refinance and release some equity in my current property in WA.

Last question, I am thinking about buying in the Logan region in QLD. I am looking for a positive cash flow property with potential for future development. Any advice?

Danny Grinter | DLG PROPERTY INVESTMENT

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Danny

Firstly welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Your post has a number of questions so I will try to give you an overview.

Firstly in regards to accessing equity from your existing property subject to a current valuation and an acceptable loan to value there is no reason why this can’t be done.

If you were a client of ours we would start by ordering a valuation on the property to assess the current value and once this was back we could see what could be released.

The property Title is in your personal name so the equity loan would also be in the same name.

If you intend to purchase your next few properties using your Family Trust then these loans will be in the name of the Trust also (I will assume you have received advice in regards to purchase your next couple of properties in the name of the Trust).

As far as a local mortgage broker most of us operate Australia wide as most applications are submitted electronically and the relevant Credit advice and processing can be done by email and the odd phone catch.

I have a number of forum FIFO clients who are working in NW WA who I have acted for for years helping them structure their portfolios but have never met them face to face.

It all depends on what your comfort level is. Many clients lead busy lives and prefer email communication.

Just make sure your broker has some idea about investment loan structures and is a property investor themselves.
    Nothing like getting advice from someone who has never purchased an IP and is still paying off their own PPOR.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

ntend to purchase your next few properties using your Family Trust then these loans will be in the name of the Trust a

How to structure a trust will depend on your family circumstances and what you want the trust to do. You should seek legal advice before setting it up as it can be costly to amend. Check out my book on trusts.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

e process of setting up a trust at the moment and want to know the best way to structure it and also if I should create a business which controls that trust for future tax reasons??

+1

If going down the trust route get good advice from someone with real residential property investing experience.

I have no affiliation with Terry and I am not an ongoing client of his but I have previously paid him and his business partner to provide structuring advice (so I could cross check with my own accountant/advisor) It was TOTALLY worth the money.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of PHPPHP
    Participant
    @php

Good on you Danny for asking these questions before doing anything. Richard has explained the steps to be taken already. Listen to the people who has been there and has done what you want to achieve.

Cheer!

PHP | Mortgage Station Pty Ltd
    http://www.mortgagestation.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Give us a call or send us an email for a free residex report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.