All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Is U.S rental income double Taxed? i.e over there and here in OZ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of woohah76woohah76
    Participant
    @woohah76

Just asking anyone with experience how U.S rental income is taxed if you are still an Australian resident/citizen etc?

Thanks for your insight

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

You should buy a property in a LLC you then declare and pay the tax to the IRS and you receive a tax credit and you then pay the difference between the US and Australian tax which would be added to your taxable income in Australia. Naturally you should seek independent advice.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Nigel Kibel Nigel Kibel.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of woohah76woohah76
    Participant
    @woohah76

Thanks for that. Briefly, how do the deductions work? Can any expenses incurred be claimed in Australia or is it all to be claimed when paying taxes to the IRS in the state?

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Nigel is correct. You will need a tax return in the local jurisdiction in the states and there is a double tax agreement between US and AUS so a foreign tax credit is received to avoid double taxation.

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.