All Topics / General Property / Anyone done a subdivision/Splitterblock development in Brisbane before?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of woohah76woohah76
    Participant
    @woohah76

Hi,

Just after an answer from anyone experienced with small lot subdivisions/splitter blocks in Brisbane.

Just wanted to know roughly how long the process took, the main steps in the process and the final cost?

Thanks for your time and help

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

I have done lots personally and also through my practices.

One of mine is moving tomorrow.

It depends on the zoning, overlays etc. It can take days (3 is my best) ,weeks or months to get the DA.

If it is one of the older blocks that is 2 lots on 1 title then you are looking under $900 to split titles. If you need to actually subdivdide then I would allow $70k including infrastructure contributions ($27k), services connections etc.

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of woohah76woohah76
    Participant
    @woohah76

Gee I was expecting 50k including contribution/infrastructure charges but 70k is a sobering eye opener.

Thanks for your insight

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

You can do 50K, 70 just allows for contingencies. If your sewer line runs through the back yard and the water main under the footpath then that is much cheaper. Now way of getting around the $27k IC though (unless it is an old 2 lots on 1 title block)

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of CarolinePCarolineP
    Participant
    @carolinep

Have read your replies to various posts and think it is really wonderful the generous way in which you share your knowledge and experience. I am wishing you were based in Melbourne. Do you happen to have a good contact in Victoria who has similiar experience and may be able to help me do my first splitter? I definitely have had analysis paralysis for tooooooooooooo long.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.