All Topics / Help Needed! / Gold Coast new apartment prices??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of propertywatcherpropertywatcher
    Participant
    @propertywatcher

I’m looking to buy/ invest in my first property on the Gold Coast, and came across this article, which I thought was interesting. It says there are only two new apartment projects selling under $400k – with the average price across the city now over $800k??

I thought the Merrimac project (Sage) sounded good because it’s more central – does anyone have any feedback on this area and/ or new apartment prices on the GC in general? Seems like the type of product they are building now is more high end?

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/finding/residential-investment/new-developments/37181-two-new-gold-coast-developments-offering-sub-400-000-options.html

Thanks!!

Profile photo of RichardRichard
    Participant
    @richardppiadvice-com-au

GC unit market has had over supply issues for years, and although some prospectors are using the coming Commonwealth Games as a potential driver, its all pretty short term. Is this purchase for your own home or for investment purposes?

Richard | PPI Investment Advice
    http://ppiinvestmentadvice.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Licensed Property Financial Advisors providing tailored property advice and solutions!

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi PW,
    That link to the Sage property was a good one. I was impressed by a couple of things – the low vacancy rate, and the “look” of the apartment (IF the photo is of an apartment selling for $345k, that is). It appears to be genuine good value.

Add Mike Matusik’s words, and overall it looks pretty good – almost unbelievable. But then Merrimac is not beach-front, and I don’t know of any “drawcard shopping” or anything else there. It is away from the crazy land prices of Main Beach or similar, so the land can be purchased at a better price, and, when building in blocks of 24, the small land content at a low cost means you are only paying for the construction – almost. What is the land component of a unit? Can’t be much. Could be worth a closer look…

Benny

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Please be very careful buying your first investment as a new apartment! You cannot control the entry price or add any instant value – which are two of the best reasons to invest in property. Also given your post it would appear you are not a local or overly familiar with the GC market. I am NOT bagging out the gold coast or south east QLD market, but its very risky buying new developments when you don’t understand what drives markets. The law of supply and demand is the key and learning how to measure and understand this is what separates successful investors from people who guess, pick something random and get their fingers burnt. I hate seeing that happen. Take your time, read as much as you can on the forums, there are plenty of good books out there. Education will improve your return.

Matusik is a fairly straight shooter as far as I can tell regarding his research, and he is far from the worst of the scammers and spruikers out there but remember I am pretty sure he is getting a commission on those recommendations so conflict of interest issues must be considered.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.