All Topics / Help Needed! / hi property investors. i am all very new to this and need help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of johnsonjohnson
    Participant
    @emilly-johnson

i really want to become a property investor but i have no idea how to begin a little bit about myself
    i am 24 years old with a two year old boy. i own my own home outright and really would like to end up as a property investor and live on my own big farm. i believe owning my own home already is a good start and would love all the advice i can get on where to begin. cheers. :)

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

welcome to the forum.
    Hi, I’d start by reading a few books so you know some of the strategies out there. You need to decide what sounds good to you and suit your situation.
    Everyone is different and wants different things from property. Some don’t mind negative edquity as they believe Capital Growth will win out. Others want Cashflow (like me). Well I like both cashflow and CG really. Cashflow with no CG won’t get you far in a hurry.

Do some reading then you will have many more questions.
    Forums are a wonderful resource.
    You are in a great position with equity to use. Well done.

Read, ask questions, and get the structure right and you’re on your way. Try your library forst as books can get expensive and you need to read a lot. Some can be downloaded for free also.

Networking is also a great way to get moltivated and to chat to “real” people that are doing it now. Find some meetups where you live.You can also attend free seminars. Just leave your credit card at home. You do not need to pay thousands of dollars to get started and build a great portfolio.

A few easy to read ones are:-

Jan Somers’ “More Wealth from residential property”
    and
    – Michael Yardneys’ “How To Become A Property Millionaire”

Follow this link for MANY other suggestions.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9652

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Catalyst Catalyst.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Catalyst Catalyst.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.