All Topics / Value Adding / Latest Renovation – Sunshine Coast

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of sciencesurfsciencesurf
    Participant
    @sciencesurf

G’day everyone,

As an investor, I love reading about real property deals. The portfolio statistics, as printed in API, or the ‘real deals’ as presented in Matt Jones’ property investment meetup. Just a few examples.

So here are the details of our latest purchase. Feel free to add to the discussion with your latest deals and the figures they present.

I’m not out to protect my chosen investment area, or make money out of people. It would just be great to see what’s going on out there for those who choose to buy without the aid of a BA. If you have used a BA, please protect their services and keep it confidential. This does not constitute financial advice – just a snapshot of whats going on in my target area.

Wurtulla – Sunshine Coast

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-wurtulla-117963463

3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, large double garage on a 600m2 flat block with side access. The kitchen has been recently renovated which is a big plus. The brick exterior is rendered with an enclosed front rendered fence and entertainment area. 1km away from patrolled beaches, 200m away from Currimundi Lake estuary and 2km away from the new Sunshine Coast Health Precinct.

Advertised price: $399,000

Purchase Price: $380,000

Rent: $430 p/w (rented out prior to settlement in 1 day)

Gross yield: 5.9%

Estimate re-value upon completion of the renovation: $410,000 ($2,500 total reno spend)

For more details check the blog on my link below. As we are in the process of completing another renovation, further photos will be added later in the week.

Thanks everyone, and all the best in your own ventures :)

• This topic was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of sciencesurf sciencesurf.

sciencesurf
    http://sciencesurf.wordpress.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Click my website for the Sunshine Coast Property Blog

Profile photo of alfrescodiningalfrescodining
    Participant
    @alfrescodining

Do you ever put a new kitchen in?

If so, how much does that cost?

Profile photo of sciencesurfsciencesurf
    Participant
    @sciencesurf

Hi there,

We have for our PPOR but luckily we have a cabinet maker in the family.

We choose to go the cheap option, however, and replace only a few cabinets, reface the existing cabinet doors and install new handles, new laminate benchtops, sinks, and appliances.

I ripped out the old tiles and learnt how to tile myself. Total cost under $3000. Finished product was like new.

Kitchens are a strange one and cost can vary immensely. Once again target market is important and cost depends on the dwelling and area. I think it was the kitchen Reno that lead to the greatest increase in the final re-val we got on the property and it allowed us to take another step in the market.

Since then we have been major cheapos when it comes to kitchen renos! Laminate paint, new handles and a little silicon :)

sciencesurf
    http://sciencesurf.wordpress.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Click my website for the Sunshine Coast Property Blog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.