All Topics / Help Needed! / Sutherland Shire

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Jason957Jason957
    Participant
    @jason957

Hey Guys,

It has been a while since I was last on here.

I just wanted some thoughts on investing in the Sutherland Shire. I currently live in the area and love it. I would like my first investment to be in the area but I am a bit scared about the fact of some experts saying prices will go down.

There is some good infrastructure coming in the next few years with Westfields Miranda getting a major upgrade, The Brick Pit in Kirrawee 750 units + Coles, Wollies , Big W ect and also a new environmental plan.

I know the area well and also know prices well but just want some opinions on the potential growth and where everyone sees prices going.

Thanks in advanced!

Jason957

Sutherland Shire Real Estate Agent - Jason Mikhail - 0402 640 630

Profile photo of Jason957Jason957
    Participant
    @jason957

Bump

Jason957

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Hi Jason,

Im new here so hopefully I don’t offend any regulars with a reply. I grew up in the shire and sea changed down the coast some time ago. Family and business take me back to the shire on a regular basis.

I post regularly on another property forum which I won’t mention as Im still working out the rules here, that sort of thing might be frowned upon but I have publicly stated I believe the best time to invest in Sydney is past in the current cycle.

The shire does have the kickers you mentioned. I think if you got quality well located property in between Sutherland and Miranda and didn’t overpay you would do ok. In the long run I see Sutherland getting another rezone with a CBD and some height increases. Who knows when though.

Another option is investing for the ripple effect further out. Many of my friends and family either have or are considering moving south from the Shire due to space, traffic, prices and lifestyle options. Something to think about.

The reason I suggest this is that many people from the Shire are particularly parochial. (before you get offended I will always be a shire boy) but thinking outside the square can sometimes be very useful.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of BuyersAgent BuyersAgent. Reason: spelling

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of Jason957Jason957
    Participant
    @jason957

Thanks so much for your insight.

Do you think wait till the next property cycle then and possibly invest somewhere else for now ?

Thanks so much

Jason957

Participant
    @knightm

I can’t tell you whether buying in Sydney now or waiting for the next cycle is better. All I can say is I would not be buying in Sydney now, and most of my clients are investing out of Sydney now. There are plenty of growth options that will create some equity in the next 3-5 yrs. Places like Wollongong are already feeling the ripple of growth out from Sydney that has begun (think about how many people are in your situation) and further out like the major regionals (be careful picking which one as they are all different) and further down the coast towards my patch ie Ulladulla etc will be growing soon after a long flat spell. In my books that equals opportunity. Its the first time in nearly 10 years that investors are interested in this area.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi all.
    Another shire guy, grew up on a Gymea Bay waterfront, how lucky can u get !! The Shire seems to have everything except a University. Surely can’t be any spare land left except on the fringes.
    Any cons ?
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Participant
    @knightm

Hi all.
    Another shire guy, grew up on a Gymea Bay waterfront, how lucky can u get !! The Shire seems to have everything except a University. Surely can’t be any spare land left except on the fringes.
    Any cons ?
    Cheers
    thecrest

Cons? The hobbits ruin your suspension when you run them down too often.
    Nah its a great part of Sydney. Its just that all the development along the rail corridors is making traffic pretty bad with no major road improvements. My relos don’t even want to drive 3 suburbs across these days as they are getting sick of the congestion on the roads. This is a problem Sydney wide though. Im so grateful that my traffic woes only last 1-2 months a yr.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.