All Topics / Help Needed! / Changing company name – current and processing DAs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Have a couple development applications being processed by councils. A new partner has come into the business and we wish to change the company name at ASIC to reflect that.

How does this affect current DAs and also DAs that are still being processed. As we applied as say company Name A. But wish to change to company name B. But the initial application was as Company A and already 3-4 months into the process? Do not wish to start again as a new applicant.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks wilko

Profile photo of BallerinaBallerina
    Participant
    @ballerina

Out of my experience, it doesn’t matter. All you have to do is notify Council in writing and present proof of new ownership. DAs are issued for the property, not the owners. Often my clients come to me for construction documentation after they have bought the property with DA in place, issued to the old owners.
    Just ring Council up and confirm.

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Thanks ballerina, that’s pretty much what I thought for already approved DAs. Now hopefully the pending DAs are just as easy.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Its the ACN that is important and it is this that identifies the company.

Considered a ‘trading name’ instead of changing the company name?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.