All Topics / Value Adding / Dishwasher?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dezabilitydezability
    Participant
    @dezability

Hi Property Investors,

I’ve recently completed a home renovation for my first investment property and I put in a dishwasher which was second hand. Now, I tested it the other day and it leaks out water but looks like it can be fixed quite easily (seals).

My question is,
    1) Do I fix it up and leave it there as a rental feature to attract more rent $?
    2) Remove it and let the tennants install their own so I don’t have the headache of replacing/fixing/leaking etc throughout the tenancy?

What are the pros and cons that experienced investors have with these sorts of things?

Cheers
    Des

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hey Des

Personally I’d take it out – one less thing to worry about.

Unless it’s going to make/break a deal when it comes to securing a tenant.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Kinnon BellKinnon Bell
    Participant
    @kinnon

Do the other properties comparable to yours in the area have dishwashers? May not get more rent but may give your place a slight advantage above others. So making it more rentable. What’s the rental market like in your area?

*touch wood* I have or have put dishwashers in all my rentals and haven’t had an issue. I can’t imagine a tenant BYO dishwasher but I’m sure it’s been done before!

If it doesn’t cost much to fix the existing one I would fix it and leave it there. Downside is if it does pack it in you have to fix / replace it again as the property was tenanted on the basis of having a functioning dishwasher.

Kinnon Bell | Kinetic Funding
    http://www.kineticfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage & Personal Loan Broker based in Cairns and Melbourne but servicing clients Australia wide.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.