All Topics / Help Needed! / DEED of Partition Help and Advice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Good Evening All
    I’m looking at doing a JV with my best friend in QLD and roughly working on a 66.6%/33.3% JV as he has limited funds but id like to set it up that he is left with one complete unit and I get the remaining 2 at the end of the 3 unit development. My lawyer who is using my existing company but with a new discretionary trust attached (my friend is buying in his personal name) said I may need to get a deed of partition done by a property lawyer. I have been finding it hard to get the correct advice and help and a trustworthy referral to help us set this up if it is required. This is all new to me as a DEED of partition, so is this something we should do, can you please advise the steps/process and the associated costs or can you please put me in the right direction or advice as to whether I need this deed done for our QLD JV Development.
    Cheers & thanks in advance
    DM

Anyway hopefully I have given you enough info.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

DM A Deed of Partioning certainly sounds like the way to go to me.

Rather concerning that your current lawyer can’t do this for you. Perrsonally i would stop there and get some proper legal advice.

Darryl Richards (who is a regular forum member) is both a highly experiences Lawyer and Town Planner and eats this sort of stuff for breakfast.

Give him or his office a call at Pro Town Planners (07) 3399 4969.

Tell him i sent you as he owes me lunch again lol.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Hi Richard
    TErryW from this site has been setting up my structures but can’t do this apparently and like you, he recommended Darryl. After some initial contact and numerous follow-up emails etc etc I can’t get a definite answer or quote out of him to what is needed and costs involved and its been weeks and weeks and weeks hence why I’ve posted on here for another referral…..been frustrating!!!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hate to say Darryl is so much in demand that is the problem.

Worth persuing though.

We have a couple of deals going with him at the moment.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.