All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive Property Investments

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of JamesBJamesB
    Participant
    @gwiz8

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has any information on a company called “Positive Property Investment”. They have contacted me a few times now and claim to provide investors with positive Cash-flow property opportunities.. I don’t want to become one of these suckers-born-every-minute people, so I was hoping I could get some insight into how they operate and what they’re all about. Here is a link to their web-site

http://www.positivepropertyinvestments.com.au/

Any info would be appreciated,

Kind Regards,

James

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of JamesB JamesB.
    Profile photo of BenBen
    Participant
    @albanga

I think the FAQ avoids what they actually do which worries me and more focuses on questions about real estate in general. This is a company who talks about finding positive cash flow properties and offers a full end to end service.

But they do not answer any of the important questions in the FAQ?

Profile photo of JamesBJamesB
    Participant
    @gwiz8
    Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi James

My personal philosophy is that if someone cold calls me about an opportunity – the phone call ends quickly.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TheNewGuyTheNewGuy
    Participant
    @thenewguy

Hi James,

I’ve never heard of them, but they sound dodgy as hell. If you’re looking for a property, there are plenty of people here who could help you out. I’d also be curious to know how they got your number…

Profile photo of kane9539kane9539
    Participant
    @kane9539

My advice is for you that dont pick their call….

Profile photo of gorogoro
    Participant
    @goro

Hi James,

Purchasing property is about the numbers, and not about the emotion.

I suggest you do your due diligence on the properties and strategy presented like any good investor should do – instead of following emotional based advice.

In the past, there have been some confusions on this forum where other property marketers have (unfortunately) put a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. This is why its important to get rid of the emotions and do the relevant due diligence on the numbers (not just heresay and conjecture)

Goro

(Full disclosure – I do work with the aforementioned company, and if I didn’t stand by our product, I wouldn’t be here on this forum… simple as that)

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of goro goro.
    Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

To be fair unlike many companies they at least say who is working there.

However just reading between the line its sounds like John Fitzgerald 10 properties in 10 years it sounds as if they are selling house and land packages. If that’s the case they are making at least $30,000 per sale. Its sounds as though they are just another marketing company.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Nigel Kibel Nigel Kibel.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of CanberraClaireCanberraClaire
    Participant
    @canberraclaire

I’ve seen their huge ads in property mags. Selling a solution, and focusing on areas in, or close to, mining towns from what I’ve seen. If it’s the same crew, the spiel also assumes capital growth forecast on sustained and growing demand for various mining commodities. Not my thing, so I haven’t got a lot to add here sorry, but the fact they have spent a lot on advertising house & land solutions means they’re making a fair cut of the pie, which could otherwise be yours.

CanberraClaire | Capital Buyers Agency
    http://www.capitalbuyersagency.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Exclusively for property buyers

Profile photo of gorogoro
    Participant
    @goro

Hi Claire,

I believe you are mistaken. We only focus on Capital cities or very large regional areas. House and land as most savvy investors know are very hard to price above the market due to the banks regulations re valuations of the property are even started. Sure there may be exceptions to the rule, but in general, this rule works.

In regards to dealing with marketing companies, Im sure most people agree here thats its much better to deal with a company that deals in house and land mainly as they get paid (usually) more or less the same that any standard real estate agent does, not the inflated figures companies get paid if they deal with off the plan only.

Goro

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of goro goro.
    Profile photo of CanberraClaireCanberraClaire
    Participant
    @canberraclaire

Goro, didn’t mean to cause you offence, just stating that the assumed capital growth in mining towns appeared to be optimistic at best. If your company is not the mining town promoters, then my comments are not relevant to your particular company. House and land packages tend to be sold as a ‘solution’ as opposed to buying land and then building in a growth area, where you do the work and hence receive the profit. Agree that H&L have a ceiling, which is why I would suggest doing the hard yards and reaping that capital gain yourself, with the cashflow as icing on the cake for passive income. There’s a market for everything, not every investor wants to go through the plan and build stage. I’ve found this forum tends to attract the more active investor, hence my comments.

CanberraClaire | Capital Buyers Agency
    http://www.capitalbuyersagency.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Exclusively for property buyers

Profile photo of Kylie WalshKylie Walsh
    Participant
    @kylieppi

I don’t personally know this business however, things to look out for and ask in these types of situations are:

1. Do they have an “AFSL” Australian Financial Services Licence to give you financial advice?
    2. What accreditations do they hold for property investing?
    3. What affiliations to they have with their other service provides which offer you an “end to end” service?
    4. Where is there stock? If they can answer this question then they have a product list and are selling you a product not the service or financial plan which is best for you.
    5. Positive cash flow is be good but will it also give you the capital required to obtain further investments?

Regards

Kylie Walsh | PPI Investment Advice
    http://ppiinvestmentadvice.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Licensed Property Financial Advisors who provide Tailored Property Advice and Solutions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.