All Topics / Value Adding / Old Town Water Tank

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of John ScottJohn Scott
    Participant
    @johnscott

Hi,
    I am looking at a bit of an unusual property. It has an old water tank on it. It is a big old town water supply tank about 8 metres wide.

Land in Canungra with old town water tank

It is located in Canungra QLD.
    The tank has a door cut into it on the rear side. It is being used as storage at the moment. Well not much in there, just some junk…
    THe tank walls are about 6″ thick. The concrete is still in good condition.

Question is i guess, what could you do with it? Could you just use it as storage or would it be possible to have a small flat or something inside it? Could be 2 story?

Sorry not a lot of info. Just think it is interesting. Maybe someone has built in a tank before?

Thanks
    John

I will try to add a pic….

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of John Scott John Scott. Reason: added pic
    Profile photo of Kinnon BellKinnon Bell
    Participant
    @kinnon

I can only imagine storage would be the easiest.

I’ve seen concrete water tanks converted to accommodation / man cave’s before and they look good. You would have to check with the council what is and is not allowable.

Looks like it would be a fun project though.

Kinnon Bell | Kinetic Funding
    http://www.kineticfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage & Personal Loan Broker based in Cairns and Melbourne but servicing clients Australia wide.

Profile photo of Jeff123Jeff123
    Participant
    @jeff123

A man cave in there would be awesome… Check with the local council and go for it I reckon!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.