All Topics / Help Needed! / Where in Australia is the best place to buy an investment property?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of CarolynCarolyn
    Participant
    @carolyn223

Hi,

I’ve been reading about property investment for ages and I think I’ve worked out that there are better places at better times but how do I find out where a good place is with all the variables? Right now, where in Australia is the best place to buy an investment property?

Thanks, Carolyn

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Carolyn

There are a few things to say about that.

Firstly it depends on several variables such as your budget, your income (and as such how much you can afford to prop the costs of the property up for the first couple of years, or whether the rent has to do it all by itself), whether you expect growth and how much, your risk appetite (eg whether it would keep you awake at night if you ventured outside of a certain set of parameters), your intention for the property (eg long hold, flip within 5 years etc)….

I see a lot of people that procrastinate for years because they want to be in the BEST property in the BEST area. By the time they work out where they believe that is, the market has shifted, and the process repeats and they get nowhere. Best to define parameters and criteria and knuckle down and get on with acquiring a property that conforms to those rules. It is ok if it is only the third-best property in the country hehehe.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Right now, where in Australia is the best place to buy an investment property?

Thanks, Carolyn

Hi Carolyn

Welcome aboard :-)

It’s a very broad question – and there’s certainly no one correct answer.

It can depend a lot on the investor and their strategy too. Personally for me – investing in Canberra is best because I know what a good deal looks like and have a network of tradies that I can call upon to renovate. I’m a boring old reno, hold type :-)

There are opportunities everywhere – just need to do your own DD.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of superAndrewsuperAndrew
    Participant
    @superandrew

You’re question is quite broad and there are a lot of factors to take into consideration. But in general, Brisbane would be the best capital city to buy an investment property at the moment and at least in the next 6 months.

Andrew

superAndrew | Property Analyser and Finder Tool
    https://property-analyser.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.