All Topics / Overseas Deals / US W7 form to get an ITIN

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Grenfell
    Participant
    @grenfell

I’m in the process of organising myself to buy property in America but am having issues with filling out my W7 form to get a ITIN number.

If i only plan on buying and renting US properties then what do i select as the “reason you are submitted form w-7”?

I was thinking it was an exemption but i have no documentation to send with my form. I may be able to get a real estate agent to create and property management account and create a request for my ITIN for information reporting purposes.

Is there an easy way to get a ITIN that I’m not seeing?

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Hi Grenfell,

I organised an ITIN for myself a couple of years ago now but I can’t remember how I answered that question. It might be worth checking the tax website to see what they need.

One word of warning though, make sure every single detail/entry is perfect because the form will be automatically rejected if there is an error and you’ll be forced to resubmit from the beginning. It didn’t happen to me but I heard these stories back when I made my application.

Good luck.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.