All Topics / General Property / A big thank you … Admin please delete if not allowed ..

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of GizzyGizzy
    Participant
    @gizzy

I would like to share our story. Admin if this is not allowed please delete this. My name is Gayle and I first started reading this forum in Nov – Dec 2013. My aim was to learn as much as I could about property investment. My husband and I have wanted to invest for years but we were scared to invest …. The what if’s came into play , What if we cannot afford it, What if we lose our house, What if one of use lose our jobs. There are a lot of what if’s out there to imagine.
    When you have a family that are negative and they always ask what if you start to think twice about what you are doing, or what you want to do. I have always done what I thought was right in life but when you parents start with the what if you lose your house, What if the tenants don’t pay their rent, What if you get ripped off , the What ifs keep coming.. In the end we stopped listening and started doing.

I decided to start learning as much as I could my hubby said go for it (we had been down this path before). We did go to a couple of investment nights and felt they were just not right a little bit pushy and little bit full on. Then I started looking at this forum and others. I started asking questions and everyone was happy to answer. I felt very comfortable with a couple of people on the forum, their names kept popping up.

I sent a PM to Jacqui and she gave me a call … This was the big turning point Jacqui was amazing a truly inspiring lady she explained everything I need to know. She helped me feel good about investing. I spoke with Jacqui for quite a while on our first call and when I hung up I knew I had found the right person. Jacqui then referred me to Richard regarding the financial advice and Richard was as enthusiastic as Jacqui they both were so positive, Richard explained everything to me. We had someone value our house with Richards’s help, everything on the financial side started falling into place. Damien and I were on our way to buying our first investment property.

We started the ball rolling and have not looked back since. Jacqui and Richard both knew how nervous we were and they worked really hard to find us the perfect house. One night I had a phone call telling us we just brought a house, photos had been emailed as well as a report on the area we had purchased in. Next came the contracts, pest inspection, building inspections, contracts everything just flowed. We had purchased our first property and what a lovely property it is. I still say that it’s me, it’s the house I would have picked, (scary hey) It’s the perfect house.
    We have come from being scared to being happy and positive and now we are looking at buying our second. This forum is an amazing site; you are all amazing people helping others make their dreams come true. Every little bit of information you share helps someone you do not know, it helps them make change to their lives … There are no what if’s on this site just useful , informative information… Thank you for changing our lives.

Thank you to Jacqui and Richard for helping us, I really can’t explain how easy the transition feels. I know you both work hard for us. You work hard for all your clients , you both love your jobs you can tell it comes out in every conversation . You have no idea how it feels for us not have to worry , to not have to try to understand what comes next , to not have to ask ourselves and are we doing this correctly. I actually feel at peace with our first property investment thanks to you both. My Mum and Dad have changed their tune. They now believe that you are not going to rip us off … (This is true they thought somehow you would rip us off and we would lose our house). My parents love us and worry too much, We love them for it.

I hope that my little story helps others like Damien and I buy their first Investment Property.
    You just need to believe and find the right people..  

Cheers
    Gayle & Damien

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Gayle,
    Nice post !! If I were an Admin, I wouldn’t even think of deleting it – such positive stories deserve to be told.

And isn’t it great when those initial fears just melt away and you realise you are on your way. Like you, I find this forum (and one or two others like it) can be a real friend to those starting out. Good luck with #2,

Benny

Profile photo of WaitNoMoreWaitNoMore
    Participant
    @stefanz

It sounds like you had others find and purchase the IP for you. Is that correct. And at what cost?

Thanks

Stefan

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

Thanks for this great inspiring post!

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Very nice of you Gayle – it’s a pleasure to work with such nice people as yourselves :)

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

You are inspiring and your post renews people’s faith in human nature.
    Win win win . . . .
    Good luck
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.