All Topics / Help Needed! / Am I too late to invest in Perth??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Ms NewMs New
    Participant
    @staceyhng

Hi to all,
    I live in Sydney and have been a tenant for many many years. Never thought of buying a property before because I shy away from such financial commitment, but had recently been enlightened by a friend from the banking industry and I’m ready to give it a go. As someone who has never bought property before, it’s like floating in space. Luckily there are property forums like this one to provide knowledge and advice to NEWBIES like me.

As Sydney prices are out of reach for me to ever save enough to buy my PPOR, I am hoping through IP that one day I can buy my PPOR in Sydney.

From all the reading I’ve done so far, Perth seems like a great place to start but am I too late for that market?

A quick search for properties (with block size 700 sqm) under 500K in Perth found myself with the following questions.
    Are there suburbs I should avoid??
    Which side of the city (northern side or Southern) has better grow potential?
    And last but not least, many properties listed have “Offers From $$$”. How much more than $$$ should my offer be?

I feel like an airhead asking all these questions but with absolute no experience in the property market, I need your knowledge to steer me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Ms New
    Email Me

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

You really need to be on the ground in Perth or have someone there to handhold because pockets are moving super quick and cash offers are becoming the norm to certain areas.

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Ms New,
    Welcome aboard. Anything new like property investing can seem a bit scarey at first, but as you say, there are places that can help (like, right here…).

In case it helps, do check out this link (and all of the links of interest within the thread):-
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4410491-the-big-picture-for-new-readers-especially/

It takes you through some of the early questions, and can either provide an answer, or at least point you along the right path. If there are other thoughts or questions that arise while reading this, do post a reply to that thread, and I will endevour to find answers to add to the value of the thread. One of the problems with a resource as big as PI.com is in making valuable information easy to find. Hoepfully, threads like the linked one can go some way to helping.

I can’t help you with anything re Perth – but stick around, keep asking questions, and keep reading. THe answers will come,

Benny

Profile photo of lisabellanlisabellan
    Participant
    @lisabellan

Morning Ms New,
    I live in WA and love it here. There are definately good and bad pockets but you need to look at what the local councils are doing about it, infrastructure spending etc. If you are looking for long term growth then a demographic can change over time and getting in at the low level can reap rewards. Personally I love Rockingham, as close to the beach as possible. I could go on for hours but have a read of the blog and you’ll get the picture. Find a good agent in the suburb you like and build a relationship.
    If you like the Rockingham, Baldivis, Wellard area’s I can highly recommend my agent and property manager Donna Gordin from Home2Home Realty. I’ve been with Donna for 10 years and have no complaints.
    http://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/blog/lisa-curtin/?p=1

I wish you all the best on your quest
    Cheers Lisa

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of lisabellan lisabellan.
    Profile photo of Ms NewMs New
    Participant
    @staceyhng

BIG thank you to all. I have been actively reading and searching but the more I reading the harder the decision (on here to buy).
    Thankyou Lisa for your recommendation. Rockingham is a much talked about place and I will give Donna a call.

Thank you once again!

Ms New
    Email Me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.