All Topics / Finance / At the End of Interest Only Period

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of magic32magic32
    Participant
    @magic32

What happens at the end of the 5, 10, or 15 year IO period? Say it was 5 years IO. To get another IO period would require another loan application right? So if I have lower employement income at that 5 year mark or become unemployed at that time, would it just revert to P&I without the need for a loan application? If not, I think it’s safer to go P&I from the beginning.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

It depends on the lender.

Some it will be a simple switch process – others will require a new application which means new income documents.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of magic32magic32
    Participant
    @magic32

Do you find out whether a new application is required at the beginning, i.e. is it shown on the loan docs what the process is or do you find out at the end of the IO period?

In the beginning, which period is usually most commonly on offer or which period is not difficult to get approval for, would it be 5, 10 or 15 years?

What would happen if the loan is not approved at the end of the IO period, forced to sell?

Can the loan be converted to P&I during the IO period without loan approval?

If you start with IO for more leverage then convert to P&I during the IO period, would that be ok?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of magic32 magic32.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of magic32 magic32.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.