All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Sunshine Coast Solicitor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of neilharrison_253neilharrison_253
    Participant
    @neilharrison_253

Hi All

I am looking for any recommendations on a local Sunshine Coast Property Solicitor or possibly a Brisbane one if the distance is not too great. I am looking for someone who possibly has a property investing background

Regards

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi Neil,

Trust all is well on the Sunshine Coast! i’m up there late next week which will great for some colour/tan.

Try giving Jeremy Gordon a call, he is actually a Barrister. The guy is an absolute gun (based in Brisbane), and importantly you have legal liability protection as a barrister plus the awesome advice. You can call him on 0428 238 955 – I have leant on him on many a deal and he has come through on all occasions.

Cheers, Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of sciencesurfsciencesurf
    Participant
    @sciencesurf

I can highly recommend Sophie Lever at Lever Law, Twin Waters (Sunshine Coast). Cost is about $1490 for conveyancing of an investment property. Professional, friendly, fast and reliable.

While I’m here, can anyone recommend a good property accountant? I feel the team is being let down a little in this department at present!

Good to hear you taking a trip up to this beautiful part of the world Ivan. You would never know it’s winter up here. Water is still a balmy 23 degrees.

sciencesurf
    http://sciencesurf.wordpress.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Click my website for the Sunshine Coast Property Blog

Participant
    @redwood

Hi mate,

Love Sunshine Coast, have a number of clients invested up there (Buderim/ Coolum), so i’m heading there to meet with developers etc and of course surf and sand – strange that so many people are let down by their accountants.

Can’t recommend one up there – all of the ones I met actually have their finger in the pie, so there was no independence/ integrity.

Cheers, Ivan

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @sciencesurf

Yeah its amazing the activity that is going on up here without the greater public taking much note. Had one of our Buderim investment properties re-valued last week that we bought in April 2013. 20% capital gain in little over a year. So much for the boom that’s going on in Sydney. Wake up people!

Anyone that get’s into the Maroochydore CBD developments early are going to make a motza.

Thanks for your help anyway Ivan. If you have anything of interest in the pipeline send me a private msg. Looking to further expand our thriving business.

Cheers

sciencesurf
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @redwood

Hi mate, Buderim has been real popular, low vacancy rates and the Uni population increasing (improvements) has resulted in a significant increase in development in the area. I was there earlier in the year and was not quite convinced by the development that my clients invested in but found a ripper off market – got it I feel at 10% discount at least to fair value.

The issue I find is that the Chinese are not coming there – which may change with the Uni expansion, and they are all investing in Gold Coast instead. That may actually mean valuations are ‘real’.

Agree good place within 5km of the coast. The property developments up north at peregian springs are doing real well as well, significant proportion purchased by SMSF investors.

Stay in touch
    Cheers, Ivan

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @sciencesurf

There is certain areas of Buderim stock I wouldn’t touch with a ten foot barge pole. Especially refurbished and new apartments that have been build ‘on top’. My pick are the detached houses, with value gain through reno’s. Houses are still way off their peak and people are still dazed from the declines post GFC.

Good to hear you got in early – if you choose right you should be set for some steady increases in the proceeding years. For anyone interested I would target the Mountain Creek School Zone area of Buderim. Prices are some 20k higher than surrounding suburbs. Its easily the best independent public school on the coast, offering the International Baccalaureate program. Close to the uni, Maroochydore CBD/Plaza, 5km from the beach, well serviced by transport (by Sunshine Coast standards) and amenities. There has been a wave of families move to the area. Vacancy rates are close to 0% and rents are moving up fast.

I think you make a good point about the Chinese. Its certainly not on their radar atm. The Sunshine Coast has certainly been lost in the doldrums for many years and doesn’t have the glitz and glamour of the GC. Tourism is on the rebound but you only have to go the Mooloolababa strip after 8pm to realise its yet to recover.

Were you up at Peregian in 2012? Foreclosures galore! Not my tea but a great spot.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of sciencesurf sciencesurf.

sciencesurf
    Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.