All Topics / Help Needed! / unit block strata

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of magnetmagnet
    @magnet123

Hi guys
    I’m looking at buying an 8 unit, two storey block in NSW which has not yet been converted to strata title. I have researched the fire requirements etc, but was stumped when two people said that since none of the units have back doors or fire escapes it will not be possible to strata them. Is this correct?
    Thanks for any advice.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Ring a local Town Planner and they will give you the guidelines for the respective Council.

I have Strata Titled over 40 blocks of units in Brisbane including timber units. Anything can done it is just a matter of cost in getting them to comply.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Magnet,
    Welcome aboard !!! I can’t answer your specific question, but I did do a quick Google search using these keywords – “strata title existing unit blocks” – and it provided a string of possible links.

As Richard indicated, most will depend on the local Council and current bylaws. One of the links did say things like “What applied back when these were built may not be sufficient to strata them today”. i.e. new bylars, safety restrictions, etc.

Anyway, good luck with your decision,

Benny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.