All Topics / Creative Investing / Unlimited Size Granny Flats in Logan City are Ending s\Soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of SeanWilsonSeanWilson
    Participant
    @seanwilson

Hi everyone, as some of you are aware there is a positively geared granny flat boom going on at the moment and one of the biggest opportunities in the region has gone totally unnoticed. While everyone is flocking to the west of Brisbane to invest in granny flats in Ipswich, everyone misses the LCC’s granny flat open season.

Until the new town plan comes in you can build a granny flat:
    – Of any size
    – In any location
    – Out of any material

It must meet the specifications and conditions for a Class 1 building and be assessed by a certifier. The new town plan in Logan City Council is due to come out in around 3-4 months (we are keeping tabs and keeping our clients updated) but this loophole in planning law won’t much longer. That being said, if you want to wait ’till the new town plan comes into effect you will be limited to 70m2 and for some people that is enough.

However, if you aren’t SOME people, have a look at this page and call me if you have any questions:

To get in before the planning laws change, all I need to do is lodge your paperwork and receive an approval.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

I am not our firms Logan expert and he is not answering his phone but:

My understanding was that annexed Units are already limited to 70m2, must not be self contained and must form one household with the primary house. As per fact sheet
    http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/275868/Fact-Sheet-Annexed-Unit.pdf

Which specific definition are you talking about?

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of SeanWilsonSeanWilson
    Participant
    @seanwilson

The Park Ridge planning scheme ammendment instrument currently has no criteria for self-assessable annexed units, therefore the ‘fact sheet’ is outdated.

In fact, this fact sheet is already outdated as the LCC area currently has three town plans in effect at the moment. The new town plan will be consolidating these.

We also have some properties which are not ‘self-assessable’ being assessed by LCC town planners. These proposals fall outside of the criterion listed in the ‘fact-sheet’ but due to the lack of self-assessable criterion, the town planners can, and have in the past, approved such proposals.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.