All Topics / Help Needed! / *Perth people who have subdivided in the past couple of years*

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PhorshaPhorsha
    Participant
    @phorsha

Hi all,

I am trying to get an insight as to how much it would cost to subdivide a block whilst retaining the front property. Was hoping someone might be able to share their excel spreadsheets and knowledge as this will enlighten me with what is required and the costs associated with surveying, application to council fees, legal fees, water corp etc. Obviously there will be variations but it would really help me get my head around things before i take the plunge…

Thank you

Profile photo of Kent CliffeKent Cliffe
    Participant
    @kent-cliffe

Hi Phorsha,

An exact figure is always hard to obtain because it depends on the block and also the WAPC conditions often set by the Local Council and utilities. For example, in Armadale you may have to retain a 100 year rain storm on site in soak wells, this could be $7k+ worth of work depending on the block, works needed and soil type etc.

I would put a round figure of $25k to $30k, and its rare to see it lower. The most common conditions are:
    – Fencing – $70-$120 lineal meter (and you may need to remove old asbestos fences)
    – Leveling/raking site – $2000
    – Demolition of Structures – 0 – $5000+
    – Underground Power – ($750 Synergy + $2000 works – possible meter upgrades needed too)
    – Sewer ($6500 Watercorp + $3000 works)
    – Storm Water 0 – $7,000+
    – Drive Way Cut In $0 – $3000
    – Surveyor + Subdivision Plan ($3500)
    – Statutory Fees ($4000+/-)

http://www.cliffe.com.au

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Kent Cliffe Kent Cliffe.
    Profile photo of PhorshaPhorsha
    Participant
    @phorsha

Excellent thank you, I had 35k down just to be safe.

Now to find something!

Profile photo of kateej03kateej03
    Participant
    @kateej03

Hi Phorsha,

I have done 2 subdivisions in the past year one with one block out the back and the other with two. Our costs were a lot higher because we needed a carport and also needed to upgrade the whole façade as it is survey strata. As Kent said it also is subject to the conditions of the subdivision.
    The biggest cost we have incurred if the council deciding to add a condition that we needed to pay a bond for the common property driveway of $100/m2 that we will get back when the people we have sold to decide to build – who knows when that could be. One was $20k and one was $10k. These were both unforeseen costs and you should include a contingency in your numbers as you never know what the council wants. Another one I have seen is the council has asked for contributions for open space or even to upgrades roads and/or street lighting so it can be quite costly.
    Might be a good idea to speak to your council to start with and ask what conditions they might ask for.

Thanks,
    Kate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.