All Topics / Help Needed! / Will Banks Lend To Us?

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of abrogardabrogard
    Participant
    @abrogard

Is it sensible to go to a bank and ask them to finance the purchase of a second house, for rental, when all you have is a fully owned house (of somewhat less value) – i.e. no cash deposit funds at this time?

That was my question in the beginning. The answer is: Yes.

And from there we can wander off in all directions covering all kinds of aspects, facets of it all.

I just wrote about two pages, enjoying myself immensely, almost a tirade, almost a crusade… and just now deleted it.

Bank or Broker is a different question, needs a different thread.

Value of a 0.5% reduction in Interest is a different question, needs a different thread.

Otherwise we’ll just go on forever and never get anywhere.

Is it sensible to go to a bank and ask them to finance the purchase of a second house, for rental, when all you have is a fully owned house (of somewhat less value) – i.e. no cash deposit funds at this time?

Yes.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

If you got a say 0.5 PA% discount through an online provider (my online provider charges 4.49%) over a bank like say National (NAB charges me 5% pa on PPR) over 30 years you would be saving approx $60,000 on a $400,000 property home loan. Online providers can have acceptable structures too, just do the due diligence.

Online cheapies have their place – but rarely do they work well for investors. Like all things in life – you get what you pay for.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.