All Topics / Help Needed! / positive versus negative investing

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

The problem in Australia at present is that we have record low interest rates and an economy that would appear to be a little flat. So the question I would ask you is what is the capital growth like in the property you are reviewing because if it is poor as I suspect i will be what is the benefit of buying the property.
    Also although it is unlikely that rates will go up in the new future if we look at the average even over the last 20 years rates have generally been over 7%. Many Australians have invested in Mining areas. Many of those have also lost money.

So if you are going to buy in Australia personally I would look at capital growth by buying near a capital city, perhaps an older apartment. Be wary of third rate arreas they may well fall again

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of OllieOllie
    Participant
    @ollie77

Yes I think I will reevaluate my position. Was contemplating buying a duplex as it doesn’t have any strata and invest the rest into a managed fund that way I will diversify my funds ? Time to sit back and read and learn

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Ollie,

Time to sit back and read and learn

Smart move !! And to get you on your way, try this thread :-

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4410491-the-big-picture-for-new-readers-especially/

I’m sure it will provide some answers to questions that you didn’t even know to ask. Enjoy,

Benny

Profile photo of OllieOllie
    Participant
    @ollie77

Thanks Benny great thread
    And JP for the offer of help.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.