All Topics / Help Needed! / Making the jump to full time investor-Seeking peers/group discussion-GC or Bris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of ChazzWazzaChazzWazza
    Participant
    @chazzwazza

Hi there,

Since my  redundancy as a sales manager @ 34 (happening everywhere so no bad feelings) a year and a bit ago i’ve been having some time to think about what I’m passionate about and its been property and investing from a young age, so I’m deciding to take the step from a passive investor to something much more active.

I currently own 3 properties and other securities

2 in a portfolio loan, 1 unencumbered and have paid off PPOR and have enough passive income from rents, etc to sustain my lifestyle.

I have decent service providers, intel, good structure and discipline , and at the moment I am building a business plan, reviewing property strategy and pulling together resources, research, etc to get started. ( even looking at Diploma of building to upgrade skills)

I think it’s important to have like minded people around you to share experience, learn more and have some fun, so I’m curious to know if there is an established group I could attend or if anybody wants to meet up for a coffee and talk shop.

Cheers and hope to hear from a few people

Brad

[email protected]

Profile photo of SarahSarah
    Participant
    @sarah-m

Hi Brad,

Sounds great. I have sent you a pm, look forward to hearing from you.

Sarah

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

G day brad,

well it’s good to see you have moved on. Sales is very tuff out there I’m in sales as well so I understand where u coming from.

I’m only 30 ands I’m in a same situation

i am lucky enough to be overloaded with work which is great but I have a two year solid pla. Where il be doing what I love most.

good luck and keep up the good work

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of ChazzWazzaChazzWazza
    Participant
    @chazzwazza

Hey JP, Thanks for the support and good luck with your path.

Good to hear sales are firing, my industry is moving to digital pretty quickly as other media industries drawing to an end, so it was either become a sales manager for products im not passionate about or push the investing side harder.

Got a few PM’s so far, makes sense if you work as a team in professional life and have success, then this shouldnt be treated any differently.

I found a GC property network group on meetup, seems to be 70% are lawyers, brokers, planners, etc which im sure i could learn something and make contacts but because of their commercial agenda id feel more comfortable exchanging with other investors.

Im checking it out next week so will repost if anybody interested out there in forum land…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Guess to be redundant you have too be employed in the first place.

Other than 6 months with one of the Big 5 Banks when i first arrived in Australia i have spent the last 18 years running my own property empire / finance consultancy.

Thankfully now in a position where i could never get close to spending what i earn.

I talk to a lot of clients looking to start in property development / investment and half the battle for them is getting finance.

Without a track record and 2 Years worth Tax Returns unless it is a non coded loan you won’t be able to get nodoc finance so will need BAS or similar to support potential borrowings.

Get over that hurdle and life becomes fun.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ChazzWazzaChazzWazza
    Participant
    @chazzwazza

wow that’s a decent effort, I’d be very happy to reach half of your success, my initial target is a wage but if it evolves into an empire over the years then I guess I won’t complain :)

I saw a broker we punched my data into AFG (I think it was) seems to be a digital wholesale portal for brokers and it listed some “green lights” for approval, however it was a sub prime lender named peppers, high costs, higher interest rate, etc

I had yellow lights on Macquarie, etc and I haven’t defaulted, have flawless credit…. so I get what you mean…..I’m sure I could do better…

there is an upcoming trade event that is advertising a new product with lvr at 70% with competitive interest rate for investors… have you heard of this Richard?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.