All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to find info on best places to invest in Western Sydney?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of fionafiona
    Participant
    @fionam9

Hi all,

I am hoping to buy an investment property in Western Sydney, prob a unit for under $300K.  Problem is, I’m new to this, and I’ve never lived in that area so don’t know where are the good/ ‘bad’ suburbs and parts of suburbs.

Where is the best place to go to get this kind of information?

Also, does anyone have opinions on which ‘property guide’ to buy- that tells me which suburbs have had what growth etc?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Fiona

Welcome aboard :-)

Personally, I think the West Syd boat has sailed – some of the properties going for $300k were being sold for $100k less only a short time ago. For that reason, I think there are better opportunities in other markets.

In terms of gathering data – I’ve got a fair few property data website links here if it helps – http://passgo.com.au/property-data-websites.html

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of fionafiona
    Participant
    @fionam9

Thanks for the welcome Jamie!

Yes, I’ve been watching prices go up and up in Western Sydney these past couple of years.  Problem is, I only have $300,000 to spend.  So I’m still trying to guess what would do better in terms of capital gain over a 20-ish year period: a 300K house in a regional area like Newcastle, or a unit around Liverpool way.  Anyone got a crystal ball??  Or even any advice??   :) 

Cheers

Fiona

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

No worries :-)

I won’t tell you where to spend your money but $300k provides plenty of scope!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I saw some a few months ago in Western Sydney for around 290 just past the blacktown area.. but they get snatched up very very quickly, and the demand has been driving up prices so that there really isn’t much anymore.

You could wait for the market in Western Sydney to slow or burst and then get into it when prices dip a little – but you may have to be patient.

Otherwise, you could check out other areas outside of Sydney, or check out other capital cities in Australia.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.