All Topics / Help Needed! / Get the most out of your loan when financing and/or refinancing your property

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of fsatarfsatar
    Participant
    @fsatar

For those who are refinancing their existing property to buy a new investment the following information is vital for getting the best investment loan? Fact is there’s a lot more to choosing the right loan than it is the interest rates.

You should get the most from your mortgage by looking beyond the interest rate debate and putting loan features, fees and your financial objectives into the equation. With much attention placed on lenders’ home loan interest rates, it is easy to neglect to factor in other loan aspects that may offer longer-term benefits to borrowers than a loan with simply the lowest interest rate. Choose a loan’s features, such as an offset account or redraw facility with associated fees. Whether you choose a fixed, variable or split interest rate will have an effect on how much you will pay in overall interest and how long it could take to repay the loan.

If you are considering refinancing or taking out an additional loan, or a first time buyer doing your initial research, planning ahead will greatly improve the quality of your property ownership. Think about the features you are likely to want in the years to come, this can save a great deal of time and hassle.

“Pattaya Property Professionals” would like to help borrowers choose a well suited home loan by offering you these vital tips.

There are many loan products and different types of lenders available. Professional mortgage brokers have access to a comprehensive mix of large and small banks, building societies and credit unions. They can provide you with a rundown on suitable loan products and deals. The loan term impacts the repayment amount and interest paid over the life of the loan. Interest payments, loan costs, monthly repayments can all be calculated for your benefit. Convenient online loan calculators are available for assistance.

Offset accounts with deposited savings attached to home loans helps reduce the interest accumulated on the loan amount. The loan term is reduced quite considerably.
    Note some lenders offer partial offset only.

Similar to the savings offered by a full offset account, a redraw facility allows borrowers to place their income, savings and extra repayments into the loan and enables them to withdraw funds when needed. It is an alternative to storing money in a savings account, where the interest earned is taxable. For those seeking stability and flexibility, a solution may be to consider a fixed rate loan. Loan fees may include application and discharge fees plus monthly or annual account keeping fees. But depending on the type of loan there could be fees for making additional repayments, opting for a rate lock or breaking a loan term early.

If you have built up extra funds in your home loan, some lenders offer full or partial repayment for set periods. These can be helpful if you are starting a family, changing careers or taking time off, and need to hold payments until your cash flow returns to normal.

We hope the information provided to you by “Pattaya Property Professionals” has been useful.

Kind Regards
    Frank Satar

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Wow.  Spam for the first post…

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

We need that “report spam” button back.

cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of fsatarfsatar
    Participant
    @fsatar

Hi Jamie,

I do not understand why you categorized my post as spam? I am not selling home loans and all the information in my article is accurate. Or maybe I burst your bubble with this post. Please clarify your comment.

Regards,

Frank

Participant
    @fsatar

Guys I’m pretty new to this forum. Please let me know if I have done something incorrect so that I can amend my future posts. I have around 19 years of real estate & finance experience and have written many educational articles which I would like to share with everyone.  Is there something wrong with me posting my articles in this forum so that others can read them?

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Frank

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Frank

Good to see you seeking feedback on how best to operate on the forums :)

The forum is here for the purpose of knowledge-sharing.  It is of course the case that industry professionals are likely to have a lot of knowledge to offer in their field.  As such the knowledge is welcome… but not as the first post.  It is considered good manners to be present on the forums for some time, answering people’s questions, as opposed to creating an unsolicited post with a subject that is immediately related to the service your company offers.

Hope that helps?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @fsatar

Dear Jacqui,

Well noted. Thank you for your kind feedback. Will do my best to be a valuable member of this forum.

Regards,

Frank

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Frank you maybe new but you obviously have not read the Terms or Conditions of forum membership.

Please ensure you do promote your business in the contents of future posts or i will be forced to edit them.

I will continue to monitor your activity and hope that i do not have to issue a formal warning going forward.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @fsatar

Hi mate,

Thanks for your feedback but I am not promoting my business in any way as I am based miles away in Thailand. If you are referring to the following sentence (please let me know if you are)  “Pattaya Property Professionals” would like to help borrowers choose a well suited home loan by offering you these vital tips” I will be happy to delete it now but please note that I really do not have any business to solicit as my business is based miles away.

I have written many articles regarding property & finance which I wish to share with people with similar interests but I do not have anything to gain by promoting my business in Pattaya.

I appreciate your feedback but please be more specific about what part of the article you are referring to so that I can amend them going forward.

Regards

Frank

Profile photo of Amy WhiteAmy White
    Participant
    @amy-white

I really do not have any business to solicit as my business is based miles away.

Bahahhahaa, busy slagging everyone off and yelling about how awesome he is.  No, this dude has nothing to sell, except his stuff in Thailand.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4989278-how-to-purchase-property-for-quick-re-sale-capital-gain-in-pattaya-thailand/

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Frank

To be honest, I just read Pattaya and Home Loans and dismissed you as a spammer.

We get a lot of it around here – overseas posters who randomly drop by to spill some dribble about condos in Mumbai and place their links all over the website.

Apologies for placing your in the same category and welcome aboard.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @fsatar

Thanks Jamie. I appreciate your honesty.

Cheers

Frank

Participant
    @fsatar

Dear Amy,

As foreigners in Thailand we are not allowed to sell and/or obtain such home loans as we do not fit their criteria. Home loans for foreigners here are short term, very high interest and do not offer ANY of the facilities mentioned in my article above.

I wrote this article a while ago as some information to help the foreigners in Thailand who need to refinance property in their own countries (Aust, UK, US, etc). As I heard some of their stories I noticed that many of them do not have a clue how to correctly choose the options available to them in their country as many of them tend to spend a lot of their time here.

I hope this clears up a part of your obvious confusions, at least the part about me anyway!

Cheers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.