All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for a career in real estate! Anywhere! Subdivision/developing/sales?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of David BlandDavid Bland
    Participant
    @davidbland

Hi,

My names David Bland and I’m looking to find a career in property developing/ real estate to acquire more skills and at the same time, create an income.

I currently live in Queensland but am willing to move anywhere to achieve my goal of been competent in the selected fields.

I am 29, fit and healthy and am looking for a position in 2-3 months time. I am willing to undergo any certificates required in the meantime.

I have solid references and am a quick learner.

Please contact me via email at [email protected] and we can go from there.

Thank you for your time and I wish you the best in your wealth creation journey!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

David Bland

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Hi David,

What do you do currently ?

What make you wanted to work in the real estate/ development industry ?

Regards,

Taylor

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of Long JohnLong John
    Blocked
    @longjohnsback

I know some people like these sorts of jobs but having done many different things in my life time commission sales absolutely sucked. Stressful, extremely poor cashflow (and often low incomes), long hours, high expectations from employers but above all the attrition rate is one of the highest in any industry.

If you’re looking to make a dollar this is the last place I would recommend.

Profile photo of David BlandDavid Bland
    Participant
    @davidbland

Thanks Long John I’ll keep it in consideration.

To Taylor,

I currently study IT but am about to finish up shortly.

The reasons I want to work in real estate/developing is apart from receiving an income I really want to gain a greater knowledge of the real estate/developing side of things for my personal development in gaining financial freedom. I find instead of picking up a book on my studies I am always exchanging it for an investing/property book instead because that is my real passion!  I also have a background in sales so I am quite comfortable with that although I don’t love the stress that comes along with it but I sure did like the money! Hehehe!

I love been around properties and everything associated with property and property investing.

I thank you both for your replies and hope to hear from you soon if you can help or have any other input to give.

Kind regards,

David Bland

Profile photo of TheNewGuyTheNewGuy
    Participant
    @thenewguy

Hi David,

I work in IT, but use that as an income source to support property development – I have a few friends who do the same thing. I can definitely earn more in IT than I probably would in RE. Out of curiosity, where in Qld do you live and what area of IT are you in?

Participant
    @davidbland

Hi TheNewGuy,

Thanks for your post:)

I am doing a cert 3 in IT and it mainly is based on networking but also has HTML, CSS and hardware components.  I enjoy networking but am tempted to do programming for the income if I don’t find something in real estate. I was planning on doing Cisco training in my spare time or Microsoft server courses.

I live in Townsville but am from Brisbane and I’m not sure where I want to go next as there is very limited work opportunities here.

May I ask what field of IT you work in and where you are based?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers,

David

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hey david

welcome :)

i used used to work in real estate between in the age 0f 24 to 27. I’m 30 know and I returned to the logistics industry (my forte).

i made a very decent income in working in real estate but I was time poor. Always working!!!

I had a share in a rent roll which I recently sold, but the knowledge I have learned is amazing. I can  know apply these skills when looking at property.

developing can be quiet rewarding but I understand the game is changing and evolving all the time.

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Participant
    @davidbland

Thank you Johann for your reply, greatly appreciated!

It’s a difficult decision because time to me is more valuable than money since I’m trying to start a business as well. I’m thinking maybe it’s best if I focus on business and have a job on the side until my capital is increased to invest in property. I was looking at Steve McKnights apprenticeship in real estate and thought that may give me the knowledge I require.

Decisions! Decisions!

Thanks Johann, I really hope I receive a reply from you as I found what you said very beneficial.

Kind regards,

David Bland

[email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.