All Topics / Overseas Deals / Global Real Estate Investing Basics – Part 3 – Strategy & Team

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi Steve

We are seeing the same thing in Orlando. there are some great opportunities around. The other thing that has changed in the last 12 months is that banks are prepared to lend around 60% on a commercial property. Plus the loans are non-recourse which means that the loans are based on the asset rather than the person borrowing. So that shows the confidence that banks have in commercial property. 12 months ago these type of loans did not exist for foreign nationals.

There have been a lot of comments about the GFC being as ad as the depression. It is amazing to look at some of the figures however in 1940 7 years after the so called great deal the unemployment rate in the United States was still running at close to 15% only the second world war changed that rate.

In my view there will not be a better place to put your money into real estate over the next few years. The fact that Steve is there should tell everyone what a great market this is.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

I remember when Steve started buying in Florida.

It sure great timing.

The overseas section is still pretty dead compared to what it was :(

I have been all in here for a while now. What a privilege it has been to living and breathing the market first hand for the last 2 years.

Daylight is comin but me don’t go home hahahahaha (Jamaican accent) lollol

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

The fact that 60% commercial loans were not available to foreign nationals 112 months ago shows that market conditions have now changed. On the ground we are hearing about improved conditions and demand all the time. Remember that commercial buildings can be
    an apartment complexes with over 5 apartments. Now if investors were paying cash 12 months ago and today we can get 60% finance that means that cash on cash returns are far higher and should lead to more demand and more solid prices.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Nigel Kibel Nigel Kibel.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

The overseas section is still pretty dead compared to what it was :(

I wander why?

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

@redwood…. Is it just as dead on the other Aussie site sommer something? that site was even more user unfriendly than this site.

the average investor is just not signing in and conversing anymore. Just those in the bizz…

Participant
    @redwood

@redwood…. Is it just as dead on the other Aussie site sommer something? that site was even more user unfriendly than this site.

the average investor is just not signing in and conversing anymore. Just those in the bizz…

G’day Jay, trust all is well mate! Writing to you I think or beuatiful Oregon, nothing better than great craft beer and great waves.

I am on the other forum and yes it is quiet, no shortage of hearing how great commercial property is with 60% finance though :)

In the SMSF, I donot promote US property, however, the volume of SMSF purchasing US property is lower through the doors of Redwood and I checked with another administrator who does 1000 plus funds and he has said the same.

I am aware of busloads of chinese heading back to the US next month through a guy I know who promoted Atlanta at the Bejing property expo, he quoted one Chienese guy saying “I can buy 50”. Given the Chinese come to Melbourne and buy 10 apartments in Melbourne “Cash” I believe him

Not sure what that means, but, I can tell you Australians are continuing to use SMSF to purchase Australian property.

Perhaps education from people such as yourself is helping
    Cheers, Ivan

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

the last foreclosure auction I attended in Atlanta there were Chinese bidders spending a lot of money on homes. We snuck a few out that day but then it just got crazy and we exited the market entirely.. Sold all our homes to a hedge fund…

Participant
    @engelorumora

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jayhinrichs wrote:</div>

G’day Jay, trust all is well mate! Writing to you I think or beuatiful Oregon, nothing better than great craft beer and great waves.

I am on the other forum and yes it is quiet, no shortage of hearing how great commercial property is with 60% finance though :)

In the SMSF, I donot promote US property, however, the volume of SMSF purchasing US property is lower through the doors of Redwood and I checked with another administrator who does 1000 plus funds and he has said the same.

I am aware of busloads of chinese heading back to the US next month through a guy I know who promoted Atlanta at the Bejing property expo, he quoted one Chienese guy saying “I can buy 50″. Given the Chinese come to Melbourne and buy 10 apartments in Melbourne “Cash” I believe him

Not sure what that means, but, I can tell you Australians are continuing to use SMSF to purchase Australian property.

Perhaps education from people such as yourself is helping
    Cheers, Ivan

Ivan,

Hope your well.

You owe me a phone call? lollol

Speak soon ;)

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @redwood

Engelo, give me til next week, crazy month with our lodgement deadlines. Cheers, Ivan

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @engelorumora

Engelo, give me til next week, crazy month with our lodgement deadlines. Cheers, Ivan

haha

Sounds good.

have a great day

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Ziv Nakajima-MagenZiv Nakajima-Magen
    Participant
    @zmagen

…the average investor is just not signing in and conversing anymore…

I think you may find that the average investor is still very much signing in – although not conversing as much, that’s true. We still get a fair few contacts off people who are reading the posts here though. Most likely the US gold rush is over, which is why we’re not hearing as many personal stories as we used to…but it seems to me people still appreciate professional advice – particularly those considering entering the international market for the first time.

Ziv Nakajima-Magen | Nippon Tradings International (NTI)
    http://www.nippontradings.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Ziv Nakajima-Magen - Partner & Executive Manager, Asia-Pacific @ NTI - Japan Real-Estate Investment Property

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

The US market may not be a gold rush however it to me offers more promise than Australia at present. The fact that we can now borrow money again in the states means that our cash on cash returns are far higher than before and with solid growth now in the US economy I believe it will be the place to invest over the next few years however you do need to be selective.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of ubrowndogubrowndog
    Participant
    @ubrowndog

Hi Nigel, Jay, and Engelo

At various times I have spoken with all of you about investing in Australia and/or the USA. Presently, I am in the process of selling the property I have in the USA. The USA property was purchased in Atlanta,2010. I think there will be capital gains to be had. However, as mentioned previously by Jay the money lost due to poor choice of rental managers and being taken for a ride (Corey Fuller!!), the end result won’t be as great as first hoped.

I wanted to know if any of you are involved in aiding the sale of USA property, which is what I am seeking to do (perhaps others may also be looking to seek your advice/services in this capacity). The property I have is tenanted and now well maintained / managed?

Kind Regards,

Col Brown

Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your post and mention.

Unfortunately, I am not competent enough regarding the Atlanta market and have no contacts there at all.

Our group has ties in Kansas City, Ohio, Florida and upper state NY.

We have already assisted quite a few investors with similar issues to your in these areas.

I am very sorry of your bad experience with US investing.

ps. After we last spoke I spent a good couple of hours trying to google this Corey Fueller guy. Looks like he cleaned his name up quite well our of any online searches.

Maybe someone else can better assist in Atlanta.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Colin

what area of Atlanta as you know its a huge metro plex.. I do have a very good broker to refer you to.. ( he was my TWH partner in ATL)
    but I want to make sure he works the area your property is located in.

Send your details to [email protected]

Participant
    @engelorumora

Colin

what area of Atlanta as you know its a huge metro plex.. I do have a very good broker to refer you to.. ( he was my TWH partner in ATL)
    but I want to make sure he works the area your property is located in.

Send your details to [email protected]

Thanks Jay,

Your a true gentleman

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Hi Everyone,

I am a long term PI.com member however haven’t logged in for a couple of years.

I’ve been reading this with interest as we are looking at investing in commercial properties in the States and are currently in negotioations on one in Memphis.

Can anyone recommend a bank/ financier who will lend to Australians? We set up an LLC and bak accounts in the States over a year ago as well as American Credit Cards.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Pete.

Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Everyone,

I am a long term PI.com member however haven’t logged in for a couple of years.

I’ve been reading this with interest as we are looking at investing in commercial properties in the States and are currently in negotioations on one in Memphis.

Can anyone recommend a bank/ financier who will lend to Australians? We set up an LLC and bak accounts in the States over a year ago as well as American Credit Cards.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Pete.

Great to have you back Pete,

The overseas section has been missing action for some time now.

Thanks and have a great day.

Email Me | Phone Me

Freedom
    Participant
    @lindaq

There is always opportunity in a volatile market like USA isn’t there? Just which strategy to use changes depending on where the market is in the area you are working in.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

There are always opportunities however you must have someone that you can trust on the ground if not you re playing Russian Roulette

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.