Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Freckle, When you go to dinner at a friend’s house, to you comment about how much you dislike the new decor? Why not apply that genius brain of yours and come up with some constructive criticism? I for one would like to know: a. What specifically you don’t like; and b. What specifically we could do to improve; and c. What specifically would you like to see by way of improved functionality? Maybe you’ll find the world a better place if you are more helpful. – Steve

We went through this the last time you dropped a new forum on everyone without consultation or even a polite warning. Suggestion after suggestion was made that time with little or no change. I gave up last time why should anyone bother this time. This forum has been around since Adam and is in its whatever iteration, 3rd that I know of. If you haven’t got it right by now I doubt anything anyone says will get this site any further ahead. You’ve chosen not to listen in the past so why would I think you’ll listen now.

It isn’t rocket science.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

I think it’s time you find another place to frequent Freckle. We clearly can’t meet your expectations.

I’ll regrettably organise my team to terminate your account to save you the inconvenience.

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Peterc01Peterc01
    Participant
    @peterc01

New website is a bit hard to navigate on iphone, would benefit from topics and menus being a bit larger

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi Steve

Apart from the fact that you cannot click on the signatures I think the site looks great. It is clear to read. I think as you go along you will find easy fixes for the other things.

In terms of Freckle I don think he ever says anything positive, so don’t think his view was in the majority. Frankly if he came out loving the site thats when you may indeed have something to worry about.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Steve

Not sure if you are aware or not, but if you go into a particular member’s profile and bring up their past posts and try to click on one, an error comes up because it is trying to link to the old location of the post.  This probably makes it tricky in particular for newcomers to read a bunch of posts from a particular user if they find their posts to be particularly helpful.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of coolharry67coolharry67
    Participant
    @coolharry67

hi Steve

I think it will be unfair to terminate someone’s ac for their negative views, we as users need to know both sides of the stories, when a forum member asks a question the replies are generally from people who are business owners and although they may provide the right advice it still is a business and everyone needs to ask if the answers are bias towards a particular scenario.

many of the old time members will give the right advice but there are quite a few people here who are trying to promote ideas and investments that the general people like me have no clue about and if then there is someone like Freckle who can come up with data and negative views then it gives the argument a balance. not everyone agrees with each other and having a skeptical opinion is not necessarily a bad thing. besides having negative views are not a breach of T & C ( as far as I know). if we only have business owners commenting on posts then in time this great  forum will become more of an advertising platform.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Looks like none of the screens are refreshing when I open them.  Unless I press the F5 key (to force a page refresh) I don’t see the updates.  Not sure if others are experiencing this issue also.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of hoinvighoinvig
    Participant
    @hoinvig

Ditto to the comments regarding lack of search facility, it’s one of the most powerful features of a forum that contains so much knowledge!

Profile photo of Heinz57Heinz57
    Participant
    @heinz57

Hey I logged on. Woo hoo! Only took a few days.

Go easy on the Freckle. If he didn’t exist it would be necessary to invent him.

We will learn to love the new site.

Profile photo of Long JohnLong John
    Blocked
    @longjohnsback

Go easy on the Freckle. If he didn’t exist it would be necessary to invent him.

He has a thick skin and many hats ;-) and thanks you for the support. Petulant site owners are like water off a ducks back to him.

We will learn to love the new site.

Unlikely. It’s like old age. You don’t like it but you learn to tolerate it’s short comings and develop work-arounds to negate the loss of function.

I don’t get it with IT people. Highly intelligent in some respects and dumb as chips in others. Qld nurses payroll, NZ teachers payroll, Melbourne transport fare system, ObamaCare…. lack of forethought, poor planning, zero consultation, poor execution and zero testing. But lets all be thankful because it’s the polite thing to do. I just hope the people who build these systems never ever get jobs building cars or planes or any critical system for that matter.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Go easy on the Freckle. If he didn’t exist it would be necessary to invent him.

We got along fine without him before he came along, I am sure we will find away to carry on (with heavy hearts lol)

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Woohoo !! We have a “Search” function again…. I just spotted it (and used it too).

Can we have an option to search “just titles” too, please !! :)

Oh, and some smileys again would be nice,

Thanks guys,
    Benny

Blocked
    @longjohnsback

Can we have an option to search “just titles” too, please !! :)

This platform uses a search plugin that is both problematic to install and very simplistic in functionality. If you want to do more sophisticated searches you don’t need this sites search function. Google can do it all for you if you know how to use it.

Google has an advanced search feature

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

This page helps format a search more easily for the less experienced. Note in the second block it has ‘Site or Domain’. You enter this sites domain name there to restrict the search to this site only. The other option is you become familiar with search syntax which you can enter directly into a Google search window eg;

to search for the word Japan in the title of threads – intitle:japan site:https://www.propertyinvesting.com

If you do a search for Google advanced search videos on YouTube there are plenty of tutorials that will help you get your head around searching fairly quickly.

Also see:

http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.html

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by Profile photo of Long John Long John.
    Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Thanks LJ – very useful !! Cheers,

Benny

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

^^^^

What Benny said.

If I could give you a virtual thumbs up LJ I would :-)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

Very hard on the eyes, like looking into a mag lite. Any chance of increasing the text size ?

Blocked
    @longjohnsback

Very hard on the eyes, like looking into a mag lite. Any chance of increasing the text size ?

Try page Zoom in the interim (Ctrl+Scroll wheel) or Control Panel/Display/…. you’ll find resolution, text size, brightness etc there.

You may also find shortcut brightness controls on your Fn keys at the top. Mine for example are Fn+F8/F9

Participant
    @lalibella

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Lalibella wrote:</div>

Try page Zoom in the interim (Ctrl+Scroll wheel) or Control Panel/Display/…. you’ll find resolution, text size, brightness etc there. You may also find shortcut brightness controls on your Fn keys at the top. Mine for example are Fn+F8/F9

Participant
    @lalibella

Sorry, should have clarified.  I use an ipad only.

Blocked
    @longjohnsback

Sorry, should have clarified. I use an ipad only.

Commiserations ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.