All Topics / Help Needed! / Flipping mentor wanted in return for interior styling advice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MikesoneMikesone
    Participant
    @mikesone

Hi, 

I'm 38 and am passionate about property (I'm fortunate enough to own 3 properties).

I wish to continue with my property adventure. However, next time, I would like to flip a property instead of buy/hold (I recently fully renovated my current property and learnt a lot in the process!). 

Currently, I'm at the top of my borrowing capacity and need to demonstrate a stronger weekly income before I can borrow again. Therefore, instead of putting my passion on hold, I thought I'd really like to team up with a property flipping mentor in exchange for interior styling advice (I have my own design business) and basic labour. 

I live in Windsor, VIC. 

If this sounds of interest to you. Please don't hesitate to message me and we can discuss it further. 

Mike

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

We flip properties but I do this in he United States not Australia

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of MikesoneMikesone
    Participant
    @mikesone

Thank you Nigel.

Yeah, I was hoping to get some hands on experience in and around my region to get to understand the local market a little better (e.g. suppliers, trades people etc)…but thank you for your response.

Mike

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

G day mike I'm from Vic my self..

flipping properties in this climate can be difficult… Reason? 

Stamp duty, cost of selling and capital gains tax do eat into your profits.

Have you thought of reviewing your loan portfolio? Maybe talk to a broker like Jamie Moore And see if he can do a health check on your loans 

I have renovated a couple and flipped and made some nice coin :) the secret was to buying the properties at under value, renovating them slight and then on selling for a profit..

im in the process of settling in a bargain of the century, thanks to my parents wanting to get rid of a property.

the Vic market is headed for some interesting challenges.

from my point of view if you market your own business you should be busy like no Tommorrow, with the block ending and living in Windsor your in prime territory!!

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of MikesoneMikesone
    Participant
    @mikesone

Hi Johann,

Thank you very much for your message. 

To answer your question, I wish to flip a property next for several reasons:

My other properties were purchased with a buy/hold strategy in mind. They are just ticking away nicely,  however I feel I'm in a holding pattern at the moment (I won't consider selling the properties for at least another 5-7 years to really maximise capital growth) and so now I just want to keep going with my passion for property. Therefore, flipping is a more immediate way of continuing my growth plan i.e. mixture of flipping and buy/hold. 

The other reason is that I have recently fully renovated my Windsor apartment and not only have I become addicted, I've realised how much value I can add through the use of my design skills. 

I agree, the Melbourne market is pretty chaotic at the moment, so I would no doubt be very cautious about where I buy and for how much. 

I appreciate the mortgage broker recommendation. I do have a great broker and we have just reworked my loans a few weeks ago. However, my issue is cash flow (as I only just bought my latest property late last year…and I also work for myself). Therefore, while I wait, I thought the next best thing would be to volunteer my time/labour in return for experience with a flipping mentor. 

So you think there's a market to assist flippers from a design perspective? 

Thanks again,

Mike

P.S. Congrats on your latest purchase! 

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi Mike,

I think there is market for that… Also introduce your self to real estate agents in the area. You will be surprised how many opportunities will present them selves.

The best way to learn is through experince, Message me your details and will keep in touch… Your skillds are handy!!!

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.