All Topics / Creative Investing / what entity should I buy my IP’s through?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of tom123tom123
    Participant
    @tom123

Hi all,

Basically I want to buy investment properties and then on sell them using instalment contracts in victoria, Now I have a low income so I will be purchasing my first IP (within 4 months) in my mums name as she has a high income but I will be putting up the money.

what entity should I use to purchase my first investment property for this type of deal? Ideally I would like to purchase more properties in the future and on sell them with instalment contracts. For my first deal because I am a low income earner should I purchase it as a individual (being in my mums name) and then could I do a joint venture with my mum which said i got 90% of the profits? so the profit would be at a lower tax bracket? (the profits will actually be going to me and not my mum) I feel like this idea cannot work.

Also what type of asset protection come with these entities?

So I was wanting to know which entity would be the best for my situation, And also what fees I should expect to pay for these entities.

Cheers, Tom

Profile photo of Hamish_QHamish_Q
    @hamish_q

Hi Tom,

What makes you want to invest in Victoria and what goals you want out of investing in property?

Cheers,

H.

Profile photo of tom123tom123
    Participant
    @tom123

Hi Hamish,

I want to invest in Victoria because I live in Victoria and i want to make profit and experience from investing in property…

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Complex question involving several different legal issues – do you need a credit licence for example?

Think litigation – the owner of the property and the person behind it. Is it a good idea to get your mum involved?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Hamish_QHamish_Q
    @hamish_q

Hi Tom,

Being a new investor myself, i thought along the same guidelines but after being advised that "investment properties are boxes that make you money" it opened my eyes to thinking where else could i invest to get a good return on my money and start getting a portfolio together.

What you have up there sounds very complex and i think simplicity is the key. These forums are great for that but i'll let others post on here for you with more experience than i have but definitley dont box yourself into an area because you live there as you dont need to look at a property to ensure its growth as thats why we have Property Managers to ensure the property is being looked after.

Good luck.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

As Terry entity is second consideration and not something you can answer on the fly.

More important question is are you licensed to do so.

Without a Credit License there is no point in spending a small fortune on setting up a structure only to find you can't legally transact.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.