All Topics / Finance / Mortgage Brokers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of tom123tom123
    Participant
    @tom123

hello all my question is about the timing of getting a loan,

Preliminary stage

application stage

approval stage

settlement

how quick / long can these stages take? 

Cheers, Tom

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Anywhere between two weeks to two months. 

Normally I analyse a clients situation and make a recommendation on structure and lender. I'll then order a valuation whilst they compile their documents. They then email or bring their documents into the office. I write the application – they sign and I submit. This whole part usually takes between 3 days to a week.

Bank issues approval within the week. 

They issue loan docs, client signs and returns. They then prepare for settlement. Usually this all takes a couple of weeks.

So I'd say normal timing from start to finish is around a month – can be quicker if necessary and can be slower if we hit some hurdles along the way (most typical being loan docs going missing).

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of tom123tom123
    Participant
    @tom123

HI Jamie thanks for your reply i was wondering when you said that they compile their documents is this as in getting a pre-approval ready for you? or is that something different?

Also when you write the application do you mean you just fill in a application from the specified bank that you're trying to get the loan from or is there universal application forms you can use?

Cheers, Tom

Participant
    @tom123

Also how do you normally submit the documentation to the lender in an appropriate manner to protect client confidentiality? 

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Tom

Each lender has their own application form.

Most loan applications are lodged online and then the supporting documents are emailed or faxed into the lender. All brokers and lenders provide you with a privacy statement which describes how your information will be used and stored.

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @tom123

oh ok, thanks Jamie!

Profile photo of PLCPLC
    Participant
    @plc

Hi Tom,

When my clients are buying, I usually advise them to allow a minimum of 45 days settlement from date of signing the contract. That way I'm pretty confident that the loan will be submitted, approved, docs signed and returned, lender vetted, and settlement booked in time.

It can be done in a shorter time frame, however with Murphy and his laws abound, I tell them better to be safe than sorry, and the last thing they want is to be paying penalty interest.

In terms of privacy, with NCCP and the privacy act we brokers need to adhere to the regulations which includes blackening any tax file numbers before passing information on, storing hard copies in locked cabinets, etc.

Cheers

Tom

PLC | Phoenix Loan Consulting
    Email Me | Phone Me

Melbourne based Mortgage Broker | Making Finance Simple

Participant
    @tom123

Hi PLC,

That's really interesting, Is there any other documents you might have to blacken out? and when you email them to the lender, which department would you email them to / contact?

Cheers, Tom

Participant
    @tom123

Also what other issues need to be addressed following a loan approval to assist with the loan settlement?

Profile photo of PLCPLC
    Participant
    @plc
    tom123 wrote:
    Hi PLC,

That's really interesting, Is there any other documents you might have to blacken out? and when you email them to the lender, which department would you email them to / contact?

Cheers, Tom

Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything apart from tax file numbers. When you email the supporting documents for the loan application, the recipient is usually the lenders credit assessment team.

tom123 wrote:
    Also what other issues need to be addressed following a loan approval to assist with the loan settlement?

This is where a decent conveyancer/solicitor gets involved and helps out. Legal documents to be prepared and submitted, title searches, adjustment of rates, etc.

Cheers

Tom

PLC | Phoenix Loan Consulting
    Email Me | Phone Me

Melbourne based Mortgage Broker | Making Finance Simple

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.