All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying units in brisbane CBd

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of renrenrenren
    @renren

Hi there

i am thinking of buying a investment unit in brisbane CBD but it would be a negatived geared property should I sell my other investment with about $100,000 equity or and make it a positive geared property or keep the two units 

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi renren

welcome aboard :-)

There's way too much to consider here. Off the top of my head, the questions I'd be asking are:

1. What are your long term goals?

2. Where is the other property located? Is their scope for growth? What are the holding costs like?

3. Can you afford to keep both?

4. What's the size of the unit you're buying? 

5. Is the unit in a large complex?

6. What are the body corp fees like?

These questions are just scratching the surface. You really need to work out your longer term goals and then devise a plan to reach them.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I would certainly look closely at Jamies comments. I do not have a problem with apartments especially in Brisbane. However there are few CBD markets that have performed well as investments. You to buy an apartment that would appeal to an owner occupier because they will in most cases have a solid capital growth. But stay away from small apartments and overall stay clear of the CBD there are plenty of inner city suburbs that will be a much better investment.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.