All Topics / Help Needed! / New to property investing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Stevebull74Stevebull74
    @stevebull74

Hi everyone I was recently introduced to a company called JDL Stategies based on the Gold Coast and I am interested to hear other peoples opinions about this company. Thanks for the feedback. 

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi steve

Welcome aboard :-)

What do they do? How are they paid? How do you benefit?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Stevebull74Stevebull74
    @stevebull74

Hi Jamie  from what I understand they set up a system of wealth creation through properties which will eventually be self perpetual. But I know they do this primarily through negative gearing initially,  which is why I was wondering if anyone else was currently using there system and if so how was it going for them.  I pay them but out of my tax which they save me not from my net income. I am supposed to benefit by them saving me tax and by them helping me to keep track of my money and invest it in high grow areas. It sounds to me exactly like a negative geared system. That's why I am seeking other clients of theirs to get their opinions. 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Steve

Sounds to me like another one stop marketing shop and trust me we have enough of them in SE Qld 

I usually say to our clients ask them do they recommend property that is 6 months old or being sold thru a Real Estate agent and see what they say.

That way they can't pull the Tax Credit card out of the hat as the difference in Tax claims for 39.5 years is no different than it is to 40 years over the big picture.

My business partner and I source a lot of property for our forum clients but never recommend a property that is not being sold by a real estate agent unless we are dealer with Vendor direct who is not a developer.

To me we are transparent about what we charge our clients and I guess that is why they keep coming back.

Had a forum client this week who had been along to one of these seminars and the presenters never told the audience when you sell the property the Cost Base for CGT purposes has to be reduced by the full Capital Allowance claim you have made since you purchased the property. Talk about give it on one hand and take it back on the other.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Arun BhutaArun Bhuta
    Participant
    @arun-bhuta

Hi Stevebull74,

What are you aims? How you want to achieve this financial aims?

Why one method over the other, have you based on your strength and weakness?

Then choose your team to help you achieve what you like to achieve.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Steve how did you go with JDL ?

Meant to say your name is the same as a great Wolves centre forward of the 80/90's.

You are not related lol.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.