All Topics / Value Adding / Bathroom Contact Perth- quotes are ridiculous

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of ConnollyConnolly
    Participant
    @connolly

Hey all,

anyone in Perth had a bathroom fully redone an can recommend good company?

had a few quotes to have a small basic bathroom fit out done- and fair to say the quotes are a joke. 

Cheers

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

A builder mate bought a PPR house for reno last year. He was redoing a bathroom (upstairs). Complete reskinning and modified layout. He told me he would need to charge $25k if he was dojng it for someone else. Nearly fell off my perch.

Profile photo of ConnollyConnolly
    Participant
    @connolly

Thats about right freckle- 3m x 2.5m space, all demo complete. No change in plumbing or floor plan. 13k is best I have got that's me including all floor an wall tiles. Couldnt believe it!

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

$8k should be closer to the mark. Perth is always expensive for trades.

Profile photo of kateej03kateej03
    Participant
    @kateej03

Hi Connolly,

Your best option if you have the time is to source the trades separately and buy the materials yourself. For a bathroom that size I wouldn't pay more than $5k (for an IP) and I am in Perth. It is about getting multiple quotes for tiling, plumbing etc and sourcing the tiles etc from cheaper stores that sell the same product for sometimes half the price. The price can also increase if you decide to lay rectified tiles instead of ceramic tiles and the bigger tile you go the more expensive it is.

Thanks,

Kate

Profile photo of tommytuckertommytucker
    Participant
    @tommytucker

I was quoted about $3k for tiling of a similar size bathroom. That's the first quote and needless to say I'll be chasing more quotes.

Are you going to pull all of the old stuff and tiles out yourself? I'm going to do most of the chump work myself so that I can cut down on paying $100/h for unskilled labour.

Participant
    @connolly

Hi Kate, we are running on a bit of a clock so thought just having a group in there would cost me a bit more but save money in time an holding costs- got a quote today for $7800 which I'm happy with. 5500 for all labour an just over 3k for all the other stuff that I pay for.

Tommy- I've already done the full demo, all tiles, bath and vanity have been removed- just left shower in tacked so can clean up before heading to work- where is your Reno project? 

Thanks all for responses!

Participant
    @connolly

$7800- more like $8800. My maths isn't that bad 

Profile photo of tommytuckertommytucker
    Participant
    @tommytucker

It's my ppor in wanneroo. The plan was Reno and hold but it's looking more like a sell and repeat scenario at the moment.

I'm trying to do literally everything myself except for the required sparky and plumber. It's slow going because work keeps interfering and this is my first time as well so I'm making it up as I go.

Where's your's?

Participant
    @connolly

This one is down in Hillman which is suburb of Rockingham shire, right near hospital an recently upgraded shopping centre. I live in Yokine so is a solid trip each day I do renos so being more strategic with what I chose to do an what I get trades in to do. 2nd Reno project which will be a buy, Reno, reval an lease. 

Are you doing complete refurb or just key bits an pieces? 

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

Try sourcing your own materials & use unlicensed people (except for electrical work) plenty of handymen spent time as trade assists to tilers etc. They work for much less in my experience & I haven't had an issue with the quality of work for stock standard bathrooms etc

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

We've done 6 bathrooms in our motel during the last 12 months.

Full strip and jackhammer out the floor. No plumbing changes. 

Remove all walling and flooring and cornice. 

Waterproof seal, tiles to the cornice, wall mounted 900 vanity ceramic top, fixed pane glass shower, lights, big tiles, painted ceiling and cornice, skip & removal, brm carpets cleaned.

All trades labour and fixtures n fittings $8,500 each bathroom.

Good luck

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

I have been using unlicensed handy men to do stock standard full bathroom renos between 4-5K & partial bathroom renos for 2K.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.