All Topics / Help Needed! / gladstone expenses

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of daniel vicdaniel vic
    Participant
    @daniel-vic

hello all

iam hoping someone can help with giving me some guidence as to what the cost's are for having a property in gladstone qld .

i have bought one in kirkwood if any one would be nice enough it would be so great and would be very thankfull

council rates –

water rates –

magement fee % per week is fine –

insurence –

iam just doing research befoure i settles and think i may have found a better investment much cheaper buy in then gladstone

thanks in advance daniel

you may pm if prefered [email protected]

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Apart from the every increasing insurance premiums in Gladstone the other real issue is the falling prices.

Biggest issue we have seen recently is the valuation and the purchase price are not coming equal.

Like anything you make you money in the buying of the asset so if you buy right over the long term you will probably do ok.

Personally we wouldn't be putting clients into Gladstone.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

I got a mate who bought a place in Gladstone a few years ago, I spoke to him the other day he said he will have to sell less than he bought it, he can't wait to see the back of it. I flew up there  2 years ago an had a look around, I am glad I didn't buy now. To many new properties built in the last few years created over supply in my opinion.

Profile photo of BCRLBCRL
    Participant
    @belindalaversross

Hello Richard

We bought an investment property in Kirkwood of the plan in 2012, it was our first property and it was a big mistake! We can’t sell the property no one is interested, plus if we did sell it would be a huge loss.

I understand why you would not recommend your clients to invest there, but for us that did do you think there is any hope in the long run?

We also bought another property at the same time in Dalby which is the same situation.

Regards

Belinda

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.