All Topics / Finance / Looking for a good mortgage broker and info on home loans

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of DerekLanganDerekLangan
    Participant
    @dereklangan

Does anybody have a good mortgage broker they could suggest I talk to about setting up my first home loan. I am looking at an investment property for roughly $200K and would like to know about some options and also how I can get around a few details which may be an issue. Thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hiya Derek

If you're comfortable with using email/phone then you can choose a broker anywhere in the country – so you'll have plenty of options.

If you'd prefer face to face – then mention where you're located and you'll hopefully get some responses.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of DerekLanganDerekLangan
    Participant
    @dereklangan

Sorry forgot to post where I'm from…. I would preferably like someone close to Lorne in Victoria but I would also be happy with anyone from Melbourne as I regularly spend a lot of time between both places

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I know Peter Tersteeg from Sage Lending is Nunawading is good.

I'll leave it to others to recommend more.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of SundanceSundance
    Participant
    @sundance

Hi Derek

In this day and age there's no need to find a broker in your local area.  I'm in Qld and can recommend Jamie M who helped me with previous purchases.   He'll run through all the options for you.  Can all be done by phone/email.

Cheers,

Sundance

Participant
    @dereklangan

Cheers Jamie and Sundance. Any more information regarding these brokers and why you would suggest them?

Participant
    @dereklangan

Why would recommend Jamie?  Just wondering if it would be worth speaking to someone long distance or trying to go locally

Profile photo of SundanceSundance
    Participant
    @sundance
    DerekLangan wrote:
    Why would recommend Jamie?  Just wondering if it would be worth speaking to someone long distance or trying to go locally

If you look back through the forum posts you'll see that Jamie is a well respected broker for a lot of property investors who use this forum.  When I bought my first investment property I did it without a broker.  When it came time to purchase my second IP I realised that the properties had been cross collaterised.  Jamie was able to sought this out for our second loan and also negotiated with our bank to get us a lower interest rate on our first loan.  I'm in Qld and our second IP was in NSW.  All communication was done by phone/email.  Have since been in touch with Jamie to go over a few scenarios for purchase of IP3.

Cheers,

Sundance

Participant
    @dereklangan

Excellent, I didn't realize Jamie was the one you were talking about from earlier in the post but thanks for the referral. I will definitely talk to Jamie before I go ahead with somone else.  

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Why not Jamie, this forum acts as a jury, and everyone has positive words about him. You dont need face to face, he will take car of you over the phone.

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Another happy Jamie client. He's a gun – he'll look after you.

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi
    I’m from Melbourne and I deal with Jamie.
    I have just completed loan through him.

I went through him for two reasons:
    1) structure was set up to suit my needs not the bank needs
    2) he also clearly identified my goals and recommended a loan that suited me

Ps his a good family bloke who puts his family first, such a important trait!!

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    DerekLangan wrote:
    Excellent, I didn't realize Jamie was the one you were talking about from earlier in the post but thanks for the referral. I will definitely talk to Jamie before I go ahead with somone else.  

I am sure Jamie would like to talk to you, but if you are going to go ahead with someone else then don't waste his time.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @dereklangan

Thanks everyone for backing up Jamie. Terry I really didn't need to be told not to waste his time…. I think as a potential investor I am able to ask questions and speak to a few brokers before deciding on who to go through, how else would I learn anything? I worked as a travel consultant for over 3 years and do you think I expected everyone to book through me just because they made an enquiry? I really appreciate the feed back people but i don't appreciate being told what to do when I'm only asking for advice. Lets keep this post friendly and keep up the good vibes.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    DerekLangan wrote:
    Thanks everyone for backing up Jamie. Terry I really didn't need to be told not to waste his time…. I think as a potential investor I am able to ask questions and speak to a few brokers before deciding on who to go through, how else would I learn anything? I worked as a travel consultant for over 3 years and do you think I expected everyone to book through me just because they made an enquiry? I really appreciate the feed back people but i don't appreciate being told what to do when I'm only asking for advice. Lets keep this post friendly and keep up the good vibes.

Sorry to have offended you Derek. By all means have a chat. But there are some people out there who go to brokers get all the advice on how to structure the loans and then you never hear from them again. So have a chat make a decision and just be aware that brokers only get paid on settled loans and they have to give back commissions if you discharge the loan within 12 to 24 months.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @dereklangan

Cheers Terry, I know how frustrating it can be in commission based jobs as I have worked in sales for 10 years but I don't plan on wasting anyones time let alone my own. I just want to make an informed decision from speaking to a few people before I decide who to go ahead with. I'm sure by the sounds of things it will end up being Jamie but I don't like to blindly follow anyones advice on anything without getting a feel for things myself. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly to clear things up and I appreciate where you stand on this matter. I just want us to all be on the same page here, which is just giving advice where possible. Thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Very true Terry I think we could both name a dozen or two of those tyre kickers.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of daniel vicdaniel vic
    Participant
    @daniel-vic

hi derek i use a guy named leo and he is very good to deal with he is in melbourne and very switched on

[email protected]

best regards dan

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

Just thought I'd have some input, I'm in Melbourne and have 2 properties, both loans were set up with interstate brokers. The most recent was set up by username: Qlds007 (which is Richard Taylor I Ph 07 3720 1888)  and Richard was fantastic. Efficient and informative.

Profile photo of vkdirectorvkdirector
    Participant
    @vkdirector

I didn’t have the same luck when I tried with one of our forum members.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.