All Topics / Help Needed! / Investing Structure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of glengaryglengary
    Participant
    @jamesbi

Hey Guys I am 21 years of age and just read Steve Mcknights book, I am inspired. I want to begin my property portfolio and wanted to ask, if I was investing in property should I set up a business account or trust ?? Because say I had multiple properties it would be safe to not have them under my own name right?? How would I go to start my journey ?? I am going to speak to a broker and also a lawyer for legal advice, but it would be great to know what your insights are on this?? I want to look for positive geared properties and also capital gains. 

Profile photo of CootaCoota
    Participant
    @coota

Newbie,

Congratulations on setting your mindset to take control of your financial future through property investment.

For me education is the key before you make your first purchase,what is your 5,10,15 yr plan etc.

Also as you start find a mentor you can trust who has done what you are hoping to do,good luck!!

little link below may help…

http://www.realestate.com.au/blog/6-steps-to-getting-started-in-property-investment/

Profile photo of Thread BareThread Bare
    @thread-bare

Welcome and very well done.

Find some experienced investors to ask questions of and always check who you get you advice from, or I should say: Listen closest to those you are paying and be wary of those being paid by others.  By those I mean Marketeers, Agents and Brokers.

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

Good on you for making a start.

You are on your way, now is the time to set a few 1 year, 3 year & 5 year goals. Keep them simple and write them on a piece of card to keep in your wallet.

Goal setting is so, so important, That's my best advice

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    The Newbie Investor wrote:
    Hey Guys I am 21 years of age and just read Steve Mcknights book, I am inspired. I want to begin my property portfolio and wanted to ask, if I was investing in property should I set up a business account or trust ?? Because say I had multiple properties it would be safe to not have them under my own name right?? How would I go to start my journey ?? I am going to speak to a broker and also a lawyer for legal advice, but it would be great to know what your insights are on this?? I want to look for positive geared properties and also capital gains. 

Keep reading the forums. I would suggest you hold off on the advice for a while so you can get better acquainted with the subject.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.