All Topics / Opinionated! / Mark Rolton – Massland Review

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of mushirkhanmushirkhan
    Participant
    @mushirkhan

I came across this real estate guru Mark Rolton's review website.

http://www.realestate-investment-australia.com/1/post/2012/06/reputation-of-real-estate-options-guru-mark-rolton-of-massland.html

1) I want to know is there any one here who achieved any success from Massland.

2) Is going through Massland good idea, I am confused?

Your opinion is well appreciated.

Profile photo of The FoxThe Fox
    Participant
    @the-fox

Don't mean to be rude Mushirkhan but you posted a link to a site that gave you all the information you need, yet you seem to be still confused???. Just reading the postings on that link,  I wouldn't go near this man personally, there is just too much bad wrap associated to him and what positive wraps he does get seems to be from people who have just completed his course and have no results yet, or from stooges that he has talking him up on the forums.

Did you know that many of these sprukkers employ IT professionals now to highlight the positive comments about them on the internet, and bury anything negative? It's all done using search engine optimization techniques and posting material that they know will take precedence over the negative stuff.

I think very few of these sprukkers can be trusted to really deliver. If they don't, what chance have you got of getting your money back? Generally zilch!

Profile photo of mushirkhanmushirkhan
    Participant
    @mushirkhan

Thanks @The Fox I just needed that second opinion……

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Most of these people promote courses were they make what they do sound easy. However without any real estate training or knowledge most people will not succeed and often drop out after doing the original course. Then if they do show interest they are sold into a much more expensive course. Does it mean that the information is bad, no it does not however for most people it is a waste of money because most people do not have the time or knowledge to make a success of it. Most successful people do not have the time.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of tinomtinom
    @tinom

I went to a Massland intro seminar in Melbourne delivered by Mark Rolton. He gives a very well polished presentation and is very persuasive. I liked his ideas and wanted to investigate real estate options further.

I emailed Kevin Huang of Massland, [email protected]. and asked him to provide contact details of a few Victorians who have completed the course and executed successful transactions with Massland. I would like to hear their experience first hand. I also asked him to confirm the stamp duty treatment of exercising options in Victoria.

Kevin replied and said he would email past students to ask if I could contact them. I chased Kevin and [email protected] four times but he and Massland failed to respond at all let alone provide referees.

This silence to a basic request such as a referee RINGS ALARM BELLS. Massland would not provide any referees to back their claims.

In the presentation Mark Rolton was asked if exercising a real estate option triggered a stamp duty event in Victoria (Australia). Mark twice stated that real estate options did not trigger stamp duty in Victoria.

I investigated stamp duty on options with the Victorian State Revenue Office and found Mark Rolton deliberately misled or worse lied to the audience. The exercising of a real estate option, where development approval has been granted, will trigger a stamp duty event. Stamp duty would then be payable twice – once on the exercise of the option and also on the sale of the property.

I came across an article in the Atlantic (US news service) The Art of the Upsell: How Donald Trump Profits From ‘Free’ Seminars. Mark Rolton uses the tactics described in the article

“Trump University is the target of two major lawsuits, a $40 million fraud action brought by New York attorney general Eric Schneiderman, and a class-action lawsuit in California. Both suits charge that Trump University promised to make students rich on real-estate deals but instead steered them into costly and mostly useless seminars.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/03/the-art-of-the-upsell-how-donald-trump-profits-from-free-seminars/284450/

Anyone who has attended Mark Rolton’s intro seminar will see from where Mark has adopted his high pressure sales pitch – the now defunct Trump University.

Finally I met a Victorian who had attended several Massland courses over 2 years ago. He has spent over $40,000 on Massland courses and has not completed a single real estate option transaction. So I did find one referee – and he advised not to do the course or expose your self to the up-sell process.

In summary I now believe Massland is a company who creates revenue from selling courses & dreams of wealth to suckers.

I advise to anyone considering the course to dig a little into the claims of Massland. Ask to speak to people who have successfully exercised options. Also consider the silent evidence – consider the hundreds of people who spend thousands on the Massland courses and fail to make any return. You will not likely see them on Youtube talking of their wonderful experience.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of tinom tinom.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 12 months ago by Profile photo of tinom tinom.
    Profile photo of Long JohnLong John
    Blocked
    @longjohnsback

In summary I now believe Massland is a company who creates revenue from selling courses & dreams of wealth to suckers.

You just described ‘everyone’ selling books CD’s DVD’s seminars, courses, rare qualifications etc that has anything to do with the finance, RE, shares etc to basically the whole ‘lets get rich and be millionaire’ clique.

The problem is you can’t stop people from being stupid. How many diet books and programs are sold each year to wanna-be-thin fat people who’ll never succeed in achieving a diet plan’s goals in 10 lifetimes, or the wanna-be-10 body numpty’s who buy gym memberships only to quit after week 2 or the “I’ll-do-it-at-home crowd who buy gym equipment to store under their beds but never use.

There’s a good living even a fortune or two to be made from all the wanna-be’s out there. Moral?? Ethical?? I gave that type of usury away many years ago. My conscience wouldn’t let me flog stuff that was arguably beneficial to some poor schmuck and his family but who could neither afford it nor would ever have the smarts to employ it effectively when they had at that time more pressing issues that needed attending to.

There are some in this game who would take your last $1 and not bat an eye. All under the guise of ‘helping‘ you.

Profile photo of Massland TeamMassland Team
    Participant
    @massland-team

Hi mushurkhan and anyone else interested in Mark Rolton – Massland.

The entire methodology surrounding property options and all of Mark’s property educational ideas have been based on 20 years of doing the time and actual deals in the market. Mark however relies on you as an investor putting in the ground work and following what he teaches very closely. Unfortunately Massland does not advocate “Get rich quickly schemes” AND all who decide to invest must do the due diligence and learn – like any savvy property investor would advise.

Like any educational course – university, college, TAFE – whatever…for education you pay to learn. However many graduates who have applied themselves and followed the steps and advice from Mark Rolton …..have made fantastic gains. Additionally Mark and Massland offer the AAP – Automatic Acquisition Plan – again a systematic plan based on well informed choices and a 10 year plan – http://masslandproperty.com.au/aap/.

If your looking to simply invest in great property – Massland develops deals (basically at wholesale) cutting out costs that many of the larger developers simply can’t match. This means you can access to some fantastic cashflow/ growth deals – without commissions and so forth added on – with rental guarantees and will only develop in emerging growth areas surrounded by significant infrastructure underway or in the wings. http://masslandproperty.com.au/available-opportunities/

As we always say – check out our real life testimonials from our students, rolling in everyday from all walks of life who have used various strategies taught to make profits –
    This link you can view simple case studies with real figures, strategies and profits – http://propertyoptions.com.au/category/real-people-real-profits/
    These are honest testimonials from our clients who have started and are growing in confidence, knowledge, momentum and of course wealth.
    http://propertyoptions.com.au/testimonials/

Again we are strong believers in doing the time and the work and learning the steps yourself – however yes we also have great deals on offer to add to your AAP.

We’re passionate about property and realise you are too. If you have any further questions about growing your portfolio, finding out more about property options or talking to a Massland Property/ Financial Strategist who can dig down and look at your personal situation and ascertain the best steps for maximum financial return, or if you simply want to discuss anything please don’t hesitate to contact us on 07 5531 7822.

Finally, by simply listening to doomsday, negative forums (and making a snap based decisions about your financial future based on fear) we suggest perhaps talking to a team member and asking the questions you want answered – as this will certainly give you a more comprehensive understanding of what Massland can do for you and your family.

Alternatively, if you are interested in purchasing any of our current property investments, or would like a full Information Memorandum please email us at [email protected]

Profile photo of sharko23sharko23
    Participant
    @sharko23

I agree with Nigel. I went to a course by Stuart Zadel and I knew nothing about property before attending the course. I found the strategies very simple but after the seminar it took a lot of motivation to stay focused to achieve the results. I have been very successful with the help of his staff and continue to see good results today. I would love to see Mark Rolton speak someday.

Profile photo of ranyrany
    Participant
    @shiny201001

Hello there… i’m new here and i never go on forums let alone leave a review or feedback… but honestly, i am so sick and tired of all the BS such guys come up with… so i decided to settle the matter out of sheer frustration.

i actually purchased the seminar’s VIP ticket for tomorrow night and I was planning to take the night off work ($500 sacrifice to do so) just to satisfy my curiosity!

But since i wasted so much time and money over the years over such seminars and courses, i decided to dig deeper and cut thru the chase and here are the facts and my personal conclusion.

Massland is an educational institution… all it provides is a 6k course (probably offered at a discounted rate during the seminar)… after you finish the course, you’re asked to do something very smart… u’re asked to go out and hustle property owners for their properties just like those desperate real estate agents that go door knocking to get doors slammed in their faces… furthermore, once you’ve successfully managed to do all this desperado running around; you’re also meant to convince landlords to wait 12-18 months for pay day in order to get all the council DA work done!

Amongst all that, the only backbone support you get from Massland, is that if they approve the property you found and it qualifies thru their criteria for development, they offer you a ‘joint venture’.. so not only have you paid for their education, you also become their recruit doing all the hard work which they then get on a silver platter… or, your other option is to go at it on your own fighting mission impossible with council, architects etc plus bear all the costs… wow!

here is my conclusion, i am actually a licensed real estate agent and i quit my job once i realised that i’ve to do all the searching for listings plus all the contracting and selling for someone else to make the lion’s share of the profits… so as clever as Massland’s concept claims to be, good luck to them… i’m just glad i saved myself the time and money going thru the seminar and course… however, they still got my $50 for VIP ticket! i wonder if i should claim that back for catching them out early? haha

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of rany rany.
    Profile photo of MasslandTeamMasslandTeam
    Participant
    @masslandteam

Hi Rany
    Sorry to hear you were unable to make it along to our seminar recently…it might have helped you gain some insight into what we do at Massland. Massland is more than just training and education. We are developers who build our own projects – you’ll see on our website just how many developments we’re involved in as we work with developers to build their portfolios. We also conduct bootcamps to teach investors multiple strategies they can apply to property, of which Property Options is just one of those strategies. Investors can Joint Venture with Massland or do deals independently with our support to help them. We’ve been working with investors for many years, both as developers and educators and we are very proud of the success many of our investors have achieved through their commitment and determination to build wealth through property. Hope you can join us next time and hope that helps clarify what we’re about at Massland. All the best with your property and real estate journey. Massland team.

Profile photo of CamCam
    Participant
    @campeppin

Great seminar-mass(land)ive sting in the tail, $6000 for the bootcamp? I should have known.

Profile photo of Sam30Sam30
    Participant
    @sam30

Don’t mean to be rude Mushirkhan but you posted a link to a site that gave you all the information you need, yet you seem to be still confused???. Just reading the postings on that link, I wouldn’t go near this man personally, there is just too much bad wrap associated to him and what positive wraps he does get seems to be from people who have just completed his course and have no results yet, or from stooges that he has talking him up on the forums.
    Did you know that many of these sprukkers employ IT professionals now to highlight the positive comments about them on the internet, and bury anything negative? It’s all done using search engine optimization techniques and posting material that they know will take precedence over the negative stuff.
    I think very few of these sprukkers can be trusted to really deliver. If they don’t, what chance have you got of getting your money back? Generally zilch!

that’s why I often prefer referral than relying heavily on the internet

Profile photo of ShereeSheree
    Participant
    @shereemillar

I have joined Massland this year and I love Real Estate last year. Both have been amazing in different ways. I love real estate community on Facebook is everyone supporting, encouraging and helping each other it is a very safe space away from negativity & tall poppies. The bootcamps fantastic. Massland have given me a way to use property that was not available to me and the extra skills to go that next level. I have previous skills and education in a few areas but I have found both courses have really helped me grow professionally and personally and make many changing in my personal and professional life that I didn’t really know how to even with a social science degree. I have learnt far more then the textbook degree that cost me far more then these courses.
    There is things I have learnt about myself, people and property that have added great value to myself and my children & if that was it then that is worth it.
    I have Previously worked on a few bigger deals but the figures didn’t workout to be good enough.(before Massland).
    No program works if you don’t put the time and effort in.
    Last week we got serious and got 119 letters out (based on a Massland letter which I added to) I have had 4 responses already with people calling me (calling me from my letters) and all have potential to be great option deals. We have already got another 63 to send out this week. It is a numbers game. My goal is 100 a week not 100 a month cause I have worked hard to get the education I need and now I am ready to action it. Fast.
    In my experience many people that criticise stuff do so because then they don’t want to be accountable for there action or lack of and have an excuse why something didn’t work.
    Not everything suits everyone and sometimes you need to find what works for you. I was in another group, the education content was great but the person running it was not a good match for me so I changed to Massland.
    Don’t let anyone tell you you can not have what you want in life. I always ask myself what is their motive for me not changing, growing and being successful? The answer is usually more about them and nothing to do with me.

Profile photo of jasper18jasper18
    Participant
    @jasper18

I haven’t personally had anything to do with Mark Rolton or Massland, other than seeing his persuasive webinar, but after a brief google search, I’d suggest caution. While it’s true that online feedback isn’t always as genuine as it may seem (be it positive or negative), I do start to worry as soon as I see media releases from Govt departments suggesting companies did more than just make an honest oversight…

Hope this helps.

https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/announcements/unlicensed-property-management-firm-fined-massland-asset-management-pty-ltd

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.