All Topics / Help Needed! / Help- what to do when site classification is P

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of YnchaiYnchai
    @ynchai

Hi, I was contacted by my builder, that site classification comes back P due to tree and they only provide for H in the contract. The land is 250sqm, they havne not comes back to me on how much extra they need me to pay but this is like a wake up call that I oversimplifying things with not adequate knowledge.

1. I checked my contract could not find anywhere it say H assumption and the builder has build many house on that estate so I guessed it should have similar site profile why would they use H classification should not they have a prior report to support, can I use this to avoid extra or maybe reduce it? 

2. Acknowledging the disadvantage for lack of knowledge, do you think It a good idea to have building consultant to help throughout this construction period just I dont get ripped off with all the variations? If yes, any idea of the cost and tax deductibility as this is IP and anyone use any good building consultant before that you can recommend to me? 

Thank you so much, any advice appreciated. 

Profile photo of kateej03kateej03
    Participant
    @kateej03

Hi Ynchai,

I work for a building company and would like to point out that sometimes there are things that come up outside of the builders control and will be extra costs, this does not mean the builder is trying to rip you off or get more money from you, but they need to cover their costs as well.

The contract should have a clause regarding engineering and soil reports which may result in extra work required.

Also, from experience it is very common to have different site classifications in estates and can even be different from one block to the next.

In this case if you really don't think it is correct you could ask for a new soil report from a different company, however you will take on the risk that if it has the same result you will need to pay for the extra works as well as an extra report. On the other hand it is a possibility it will come back different and you will save money, but that is the risk you take.

Thanks

Kate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.