All Topics / Help Needed! / Buyer Agent Suggesting CashBack Offer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of kwozzys Tam and Brentkwozzys Tam and Brent
    Participant
    @kwozzys-tam-and-brent

Hi All, We've recently come across the opportunity for a property transaction where the buyer pays a higher price for the property (as long as bank valuer report is sufficient), then gets the loan amount approved and the seller gives a "cashback" or "rebate" amount of money back to the buyer to use toward the property development. I've heard of this done in a smaller manner e.g. $7000 by residential estate developers to off the plan buyers, but a what about a larger transaction equating to around e.g. $30K? I was told there would be a separate invoice by the company (with GST) and billed toward landscaping contribution or similar. Anyone heard or done something similar or have a comment? Tam

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Tam

Yes there is nothing new in that and it used to be done all the time.

Course these days you are required to declare it to your lender and the valuer and he / she will adjust the price accordingly.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of PLCPLC
    Participant
    @plc

Agree with Richard.

You will find any rebates will be taken into account when the valuations are done so will come in lower, so you will still have to meet the savings requirements of the lender (i.e can't use the rebate as your deposit equity).

Cheers

Tom

PLC | Phoenix Loan Consulting
    Email Me | Phone Me

Melbourne based Mortgage Broker | Making Finance Simple

Profile photo of kwozzys Tam and Brentkwozzys Tam and Brent
    Participant
    @kwozzys-tam-and-brent

Thanks for your comments guys. We're actually the sellers not the buyers. A proposal was suggested to us in this manner. 

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Make sure you get legal advice – don't use a conveyancer for this sort of thing as there are many issues.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of kwozzys Tam and Brentkwozzys Tam and Brent
    Participant
    @kwozzys-tam-and-brent

Thanks Terry. Taken that onboard.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.