All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Offer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of MelbInvesterMelbInvester
    Participant
    @melbinvester

HI All,

I have put 260K offer and agent think this is mistake? What do you think?

Thanks,

MI

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

The list of your mistakes is numerous.

(1) Lowballing on a property pre-auction without defining his pricerange accurately. Since most agencies provide a range of interest that is lower than achievable price you have people who STILL lowball that price thinking they can go even lower.

He's got high expectations pre-auction and until he has tested his market .. only an offer near his price or topping it will secure a final contract pre-auction.

(2) If you genuinely want the property you should have done your sales comparison homework to give a reasonable idea of what the achievable price range is.

(3) You are letting the agent take control of your offer. Therefore the agent is doing all your negotiation too.

(4) You have a property here which is nearly 1200m2 on an irregular courtside block. Even allowing for the fact its an irregular block .. thats enough space to squeeze four units onto it without even trying ! And at a developer site cost close enough to 100k per unit (outer Bendigo may vary but not much) you are offering WHAT price??? People may be dumb on price .. but they arent usually THAT dumb.

(5) You are displaying a property that hasnt been sold yet on a site where there are a plethora of property investors and developers looking for fresh value investment properties. If you really wanted competition for that property … you've probably got it now.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    MelbInvester wrote:
    HI All,

I have put 260K offer and agent think this is mistake? What do you think?

Good for him/her. Tell them to present it to the seller and see what they say.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.